Boxing refs - whats worse?

Before the amazzzzzzzzzing match last night !!!!!!!!!!!! I was wondering just when Joe was going to die, he must be the oldest man alive with his tanned dome. But to be fair, he did an alright job last night, probably the first time I've said that about him.

cortez is like english commentators allways biased

Thing I hate about Cortez is he always seems to try and make himself the 3rd man in the ring thinking he is a big celeb.

Micky Vann should take his place as world stage ref, though he was judging a match a few weeks ago....

Thing I hate about Cortez is he always seems to try and make himself the 3rd man in the ring thinking he is a big celeb.

Micky Vann should take his place as world stage ref, though he was judging a match a few weeks ago....

yeah i hear u on the Cortez point mate. guess its just another sign of the wannabe celeb culture nowadays - even refs wants some of the spotlight. we all know a few Prem League football refs like this as well!

I think its partly down to Cortez himself, BUT the sports media do their bit too in the fight build-ups... making him feel like he's a celeb in his own right and that he's as big a deal as the fights that he's reffing.

And I guess he IS a big deal coz nowadays you instantly know when you're watching a BIG fight because Cortez will be the ref and Buffer will be on the mic doing the "lets get ready to rumble..." thing.

I much preferred them good old days when you hardly even noticed the ref in a fight unless he had to step in or break the fighters apart.

On the plus side - the American ref in the Jonathan Banks fight (Klitschko undercard fight... Banks = over-rated or what?!? Macaranelli would eat him for lunch) was good - I liked the way he'd slip into speaking Italian to tell the Italian fighter to 'separato'! Classy.

On the plus side - the American ref in the Jonathan Banks fight (Klitschko undercard fight... Banks = over-rated or what?!? Macaranelli would eat him for lunch) was good - I liked the way he'd slip into speaking Italian to tell the Italian fighter to 'separato'! Classy.

Yeah, I noticed him aswell mate.

As far as footie goes, theres that youngish balding ref in the Prem, can't remember his name but he's good I think, but no one compairs to the mighty Collina for footy refs, thought he had a few more years left in him, he shouldn't have retired when he did.

As far as footie goes, theres that youngish balding ref in the Prem, can't remember his name but he's good I think,

Are you talking about Howard Webb?? He was in the Euro's and gave away that last minute penalty for shirt pulling or something from a set piece?

Back