Boxing: Pavlik vs Lockett

Gargamel

Inactive User
Reaction score
anyone else gonna be watching the kelly pavlik fight tonight?

i'm thinking pavlik willl do lockett without too much trouble but it should be a decent watch anyway- even if it's just to hear enzo calzaghe swearing blue murder at lockett in the corner at the end of each round! (yes I'm a man of simple pleasures and I find that sort of thing pretty damn amusing!!)

Alright mate,

Knew I could rely on you to catch the late boxing. To be honest was more interested in the Lopez fight as he from the same town as Cotto and is rumoured to be very dangerous.

And boy he didnt disappoint, very Cotto like in his ability to relax and pick his punches. Wished we could have got a couple more rounds but a great win for the kid and showed why he is so highly rated, still would like to see much more of him.

Pavlik destroyed Lockett, even Enzo Calzaghe didnt go crazy in the corner as he could see his man is in way over his head. A very good win for Pavlik but still not entirely convinced by him. Maybe a Pavlik Calzaghe bout may show us the best of both but until then all I have to say is...........................

MAYWEATHER WHAT THE ****? TALK ABOUT RETIRING AND ENSURING HE DOESNT FIGHT COTTO, IF HE IS A REAL CHAMP HE SHOULD COME BACK FOR THAT ONE FIGHT. FORGET HATTON AND DE LA HOYA FIGHT THE REAL CHAMP.....COTTO!

'sup mate. thats the first time I seen Lopez and he looked good man.

Like u said he just relaxed and let PonceDeleon throw wild shots and then he hit him with the weapons of mass destruction!! They must teach them how to throw them evil hooks in school in Puerto Rico!

i dont really believe that mayweather is really gonna 'retire' forever. He's done that 'i'm retiring' stuff before and he's come back.

So he'll just step away for a bit and probably launch a clothing label or something and do a bit of MTV Cribs and all that celeb stuff but then he'll be back to work i'm sure, but dunno if we'll ever get our cotto mayweather fight though :(

calzaghe pavlik... would love to see it but u know what? i really think a super confident pavlik could be problem for calzaghe.

Yeah bud, only the second time I seen Lopez but he's fights are over awfully quick all the time. Sometimes just want to see how he copes with longer fights but never mind as he's young and can afford to stay that explosive for a long time.

I am also of the belief that Mayweather will not retire, in his absence Cotto will just get bigger and he will have no choice but to put his money where his mouth is and face Cotto as I'm sure thats the fight the world wants to see.

I think Pavlik and Calzaghe could make for a real good fight. As you know I'm not a fan of Calzaghe by any stretch of the imagination, no doubt he has been involved in some great fights but do agree Pavlik in that kind of relaxed mode could raise the question. But hats off to Calzaghe if he goes ahead with the fight, as it'll show he isnt ducking a boxer at his prime. Or he can fight him a few years later when he has lost it as per usual.

Overall, nice to see some actual talent coming through the ranks. Would love to see someone re ignite the heavyweight division, but thats just dreaming.

Back