Boxing - Deontay Wilder vs Tyson Fury 2 - February 22nd - MGM Grand, Las Vegas

Quickness

Member ++
Reaction score
Saturday, February 22nd
MGM Grand, Las Vegas

Unfinished Business

Deontay Wilder vs Tyson Fury 2 (Main Event)
Charles Martin vs Gerald Washington

TV Sat - BT Sport Box Office PPV (UK) - Fox PPV (USA)

If you suffer from nerves it might be best you don't tune in otherwise you know what to do - extra extra food & drink for fight night - let the games begin & enjoy sports fans and don't do anything I wouldn't do.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Anyone else think Fury has not got a hope in hell of knocking out Wilder ?

I doubt he has the power even if he has a few good flurrys Wilder is limited boxing wise but he mobile enough to step out of any combination's Fury may throw.

Reckon his game plan is box win every round and dont get dropped he just trying to make Wilder think differently to that.

I would be shocked if Fury knocked Wilder out but it’s not impossible but it is unlikely. He just needs to outbox Wilder for 12 rounds and not get dropped like before and hopefully he should win on points. 🤔

Anyone else think Fury has not got a hope in hell of knocking out Wilder ?

I doubt he has the power even if he has a few good flurrys Wilder is limited boxing wise but he mobile enough to step out of any combination's Fury may throw.

Reckon his game plan is box win every round and dont get dropped he just trying to make Wilder think differently to that.

He doesnt have 1 punch KO power but he is such a good boxer that over the course of the fight he could get a TKO from a refs stoppage or the guy retiring. Look at what he did to Derek Chisora. I dont think Chisora landed a punch on fury the whole fight and fury never really hurt chisora but he still got the TKO. Not saying that this going to happen with wilder as he is nearly as big as Fury and will be far more difficult to keep him off.

Going to be a great fight. Wilder only needs one punch to finish it so fury needs to keep his concentration for the whole fight.

Still can not believe Fury got up in round 12 of the last one. His eyes rolled back into his head in all.

Yeah I was really surprised how well he got off the canvas and won the rest of the round imo.
Obviously it was still a 10 eight round to Wilder because of the knock down.
I think Wilder has got good cardio and has better cardio than Derek Chisora’s imo.
Wilder throws unorthodox bombs and fury has to have his wits about him.
I just hope Fury can take it the 12 rounds and win on points or he can wear him down and TKO Wilder.

It's a Wilder KO for me, I think Wilder was complacent last time out thinking he'd caught Fury cold on his comeback trail.

The knockdown in the 12th came from Fury trying to do his Ali impression ducking and slipping punches and tbh, the first punch was a glance blow.
Unless Fury knocks Wilder out there is no way on this planet Fury will bring that belt home the powers that be won't allow all the belts to be UK owned

Neither of them looked like glancing blows to me the first big right hook was on the side of the head and then a big left hook on the chin.
And for the life of me I don’t know how we got up from them.

Na, I've seen Wilder catch them far cleaner than that, the second was while he was going back.
Anyway, we'll soon enough find out. The big problem for me is, the 5 fight deal means no matter what the result is Fury will get paid regardless no one cant tell me the hunger is still as great. Belts these days mean nothing the public just want A to fight B

I think the weight gain for both will favor Fury. I think it's his natural build and he was far too light last time out.
I think Wilder might find himself gasping out later on. It's not as if heavyweights need to make weight like other divisions.
What makes it totally unpredictable is Wilders ko ratio but saying that, who tf were 3/4 of his opponents ??.

I can think of better things to spend almost £25 on.....not for me

Well I never, well deserved and a master class in how the big man uses his extra weight to lean on and bullie your opponent.

After the fight Wilder mentioned about something happened in the build up to the fight. So all in all Fury's beat him twice only boxing politics gave Wilder the draw in the first match up.

I watched a Fox link and those Yank commentators were going ape before the fight saying the Brits will hold all the belts and how they cant let that happen, well they have so tough
Big congrats to Fury fully deserved

Back