Boxes being replaced?

IAmATeaf

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Had a call last week saying out with the old grey and in with the new shiney silver, got the new box in the post and had it activated. Anybody have any ideas why they are replacing what I would call a perfectly good box?

its strange that as they are still doing installs with the pace receivers very strange sure they did not give you a fly charge some were for it

when they have all the boxes swaped out they will change to nagravision 2

I am in a ex c/w area i have found out that the old pace box's all models are going to be obsolete with in the next 6 months i have got a fewe here which wont work i know i have done them right as the sammys are working the problem is the tuners are what are being changed.The signal which is being sent works in samy s and the new pace models but the tuners carnt receive the signal in the old ones anymore.

its all to do with the tuners the old ones carnt process the siganal.

is it something to do with nagra3

I am in a ex c/w area i have found out that the old pace box's all models are going to be obsolete with in the next 6 months i have got a fewe here which wont work i know i have done them right as the sammys are working the problem is the tuners are what are being changed.The signal which is being sent works in samy s and the new pace models but the tuners carnt receive the signal in the old ones anymore.

its all to do with the tuners the old ones carnt process the siganal.

I've got a grey one (ohh-errr missus :)) here and it's working fine, did notice that the id after the activation had changed to not the usual, am also in ex by the way. Also noticed that on the new id the new silver box was showing 20 odd more channels in the settings->techy pages.

Last edited:
its strange that as they are still doing installs with the pace receivers very strange sure they did not give you a fly charge some were for it

I hope they didn't charge, never told me they would on the phone, if they did then I'll hunt RB down and hold his left knee cap hostage till he hands over the money + interest :)

I've got a grey one (ohh-errr missus :)) here and it's working fine, did notice that the id after the activation had changed to not the usual, am also in ex by the way. Also noticed that on the new id the new silver box was showing 20 odd more channels in the settings->techy pages.

i noticed that mate but still no change i have also tried at a friends down the road and it was still the same so when i spoke to the engineer he said they will not be working all over

i carnt say he's talking shite as i have got about 3 box's which all wont work and the sammy do with no probs

Mr P

I hope they didn't charge, never told me they would on the phone, if they did then I'll hunt RB down and hold his left knee cap hostage till he hands over the money + interest :)

pmsl can just see you now out side the call center gun in hand ready to take him out lol ,on another note maby they are trying to clean things up and get ready for what ever they are going to do we will just have to wait and see

just have a play around with the old box till they "upgrade" or do whatever to teh network :)

happy days

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

no reason for pace not to work, myself, some friends and family have 4001s and 4010 all working fine on 3.6.

In fact i came across a very old 4001 today, still on 3.3, pulled jumper left it to update for half hour, now working fine on 3.6.

My 4000n is now running 3.6 no probs, well the only prob is the trick of locking and unlocking the movie channels to stop each channel prompting for a PIN no longer works on 3.6 :(

So is 41047 still being used in ex or are the boxes being changed via an update to use a new id?

the reason for it is as there changing encryption to nagra 2 not that they changed the tuners

Its mostly to do with the fact that certain Pace boxes are now considered obsolete and Pace are no longer inclined to make firmware updates for them. As VM wish to keep the features very similar over their whole range of boxes they are forced into replacing the older units.

Although i'm sure N2 or some other encryption will undoubtably come along soon enough this isn't the underlying reason for replacement. Its simply a matter of being able to offer all customers a similar feature set.

well i have worked with them and as far as i was told its because of the change over to nagra 2 thats in ireland dont know about uk

well i have worked with them and as far as i was told its because of the change over to nagra 2 thats in ireland dont know about uk

are we not talking about ****** uk as ireland is upc two different firms dont think there is any n2 test going on in the uk but you never know lol

wouldn think so m8 you would heard of there was i heard that before they even started and they have thats upc

does this mean that the old pace boxes will not be able to handle new updates and will become obsolete?

Back