Box Stuck On black screen loading after using new blade then reverting to andromedav2

Ath3na

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi All

Today i decieded to put on the new blade 4 image as have always been a fan of Xenafans work. All seemed to be fine. Then a couple of hours later the box locked up. On rebooting everything seemed unreponsive and when it was responding to the remote is was sluggish.

I decieded to flash back to Andromedia V2. Its a sagem box x2 and i used flashfxp. I was unable to transfer the file. After a few KB the connection would drop. (ive never had this problem before and flashed loads of times) in the end i disabled all EPG stuff on the box which had 2 effects. 1 it was responsive. 2 i could flash it as normal. So i flashed the box back to Andromedia v2. All was fine initially so then used the "MAGIC" file in the downloads area (have also used this before with andromedia last week and it was fine) as soon as i rebooted the box it loads upto the info page with img ver etc, then a black screen with loading and stays on this and goes no furter. I am unable to ftp into the box (have already ftp'd in just a second ago to up the magic files and services etc so i know the details are correct)

When an img is flashed via a partial no boot strap does it leave parts of the older image behind?
is this whats causing my problem or do i have a hardware fault?

any advice is appreciated.

thanks in advance.

Probarbly a corrupt flash try reflashing. Always use flash without boot loader.

thebigman

Hi

at first i had issues reflashing as using vista. Couldnt get IFA to work over network or with a cross over cable. (Vista dual core) I then tried IFA ver 3.0RC2 from https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?resources/2048/ and it worked first time everytime.

Seems to be fine now. Just had to get my head around IFA

thanks for your advice bigman :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back