Box Problems

stoorty

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all,
I got a nokia 2xI box the other day, and when i flashed over my working image (sportster 1.7 UK05) and performed a service scan the box only picked up 3 transponders. I thought that it was odd so i turned the fast scan off and re scanned it only for it to pick up only one transponder.

I then tried flashing gav's new sportster images aswell as the sportster pro and performed scans (fast and slow) on the images but all to no avail.

I am thinking maybe a dodgy tuner?? when i check the signal info i get values that are different from all my working boxes. eg.

BER-26214
SNR-47000-49000
SIG-42405

All the values change slightly but in the graph they all look like straight lines.

I have been scanning the box while typing this up and again the box has only found 3 transponders.

I need your help desperately.

cheers,
James.

The box IS finding transponders so not necessarily a tuner problem. I think its got more to do with your signal levels. Do you subscribe to any broadband/TV package?

Why don't you just copy the services.xml and bouquets.xml files from one of your other boxes...then you don't need to do a scan and you'll find out if everything works ok.

Yea, we have basic channel package, and 4meg broadband. 4 other dboxes in the house are all working fine aswell and the broadband and the place that im scanning the box works when i plug in another box ( eg all channels found and i can watch them)

signal levels are deffinately different from my other boxes.

cheers for the quick reply liam.

Are the boxes all the same make? Or a mix between nokia and sagem?

i have 3 nokia and a sagem.

am gonna try copying over services and bouquets.

will let u know how it goes

I'm guessing that the box you are having problems with is a sagem then?
If you're still stuck then I recommend flashing an old image to the box, for example BoxCracker, and then scanning.

Older images tend to work with weaker tuners...

nah its actually a nokia box im having the probs with, although i do have sagem with the kein system that i cant rectify.
Gonna copy over the services and bouquets the now, had to go to the shop for some drooth juice. will let u know how it goes.

OK good luck, let us know how you get on!
[Kein System is too easy to fix! ;)]

well i copied over the services and bouquets and still get the channel not available. Im guessing i will have to give boxcracker a go and see if i can get it working with that, if not then thats me got 2 naff boxes :mad: :mad:

kein system box has just been lying around. moved house a while back and gave up with it then, might give it another go later. depends on how im feeling.

cheers for the help liam, your a star ! :)

The nokia you have seems to be either a very weak tuner or a dead tuner. So if boxcracker aint working then the only other thing I would suggest is to remove the 56K modem from the box and see if that makes a difference.

Definately have another go at the kein system box.... plenty of help on here.
See these posts which I wrote earlier today:

http://www.world-of-digital.com/forums/showpost.php?p=410400&postcount=21
http://www.world-of-digital.com/forums/showpost.php?p=410405&postcount=22

Liam. :)

You wouldn't be able to link me to a boxcracker download could u liam? checked the downlaod section but no boxcracker and the only one i have on my pc is the 1xI for that kein system box.

Do you think i should take the modem out before trying it with box cracker or the other way around because i prefer to have sportster on my boxes, dont know why, just get this "warm tingly feeling" from sportster :p

Lol, everybody here LISTEN UP:

* I PERSONALLY RECOMMEND THAT (((ALL))) DBOX USERS REMOVE THE TELEPHONE MODEM FROM THEIR CABLE RECEIVERS. IT SOLVES ALOT OF PROBLEMS AND PREVENTS YOU FROM PULLING OUT YOUR HAIR *

Right OK now thats out of the way, the answer to your question is yes - remove the modem, regardless of what image you intend to use.

Heres a link to boxcracker for 2xI boxes: http://www.world-of-digital.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51409&highlight=boxcracker

Liam.

cheers, deffo voting liam for president.! anyway need to get my toolkit out now to remove that pesky modem. cheers for the link.

will remove the modem and try it with sportster first and if that fails will try it with boxcracker.

james

Well i ahve removed the modem and rescanned but no transponders. Will give boxcracker a bash in a bit. Gonna take some time out and kill a few people in source to vent my anger.

cheers for the help.
James

Right, i flashed my box to boxcracker 3.5 that liam posted a link to. New problem now tho, i cant ftp over to the box. I have made the ip of the box the same range as my home network, i know the cable is good. When i try to use IE it just goes non responsive and when i use FTP navigator it cant connect.

Ahhh. talk about pulling your hair out. : shocked2 :mad: :mad:

What im trying to do is ftp over my services and bouquets aswell as my cables and scan.conf just to be on the safe side. i went into the scan options of that boxcracker version but the scan options is only for NTL which is not what im looking for.

I have a similar problem to you my box says waiting for time on every channel if i scan it picks up 30 transponders but no channels i tried different images and different services files.

I tried box cracker but for some reason i cant change the ip i change it then i reset the box and the changes of the ip dont take effect. So like you i couldnt ftp a cables or services file to give scanning a go.

Hi,

I think I had the same problem with Boxcracker, the problem is with the image it will not save the new ip address. Try changing the ip number on your PC.

Can I ask you say that you have 3 boxes are they already set up and running in the house. The problem could be with a splitter you are using, or the signal is to week with all the boxes running (everytime you split the signal the strength and quality will decrease e.g if you have 1 splitter the signal will be split to something like 2.5 the if you run another splitter of that splitter you will only have 1.25. These figures are not accurate but just an example. Also you may find you have an old splitter on the wall (FM + TV Splitter) if you remove this the signal will increase.

Hope this helps,

de_deej

Yea that version of boxcracker liam linked to wont accept the changes to the ip configuration. so i am looking for another version of boxcracker.
totally the same problem as fishleg.

The splitters in the house i know degrade the signal but hey thats jsut one of those things we will have to live with. All the other boxes are fine and when i move a workin box into the room in the loft where i am settin up this naff box it all works fine and dandy and when i take the naff box downstairs its still the same problem. Working on the principle of elimination i have concluded that its the box thats at fault.
network cables work fine.(works on other boxes)
coax cable is fine (pluged it into my modem)
images ( tried numerous sportster images but to no avail.)
removed the modem ( no help tho)
trying this version of boxcracker and i cant get the ip changed.

will let u know how it goes later. off to look for another version of boxcracker.

As de_deej says...try changing the ip address on your network card to correspond with your box.

For example:

Dbox - 192.168.1.23
Set PC to - 192.168.1.1

or

Dbox - 192.168.5.200
Set PC to - 192.168.5.1

Then make sure you change the ip address of the box in your ftp client.

Back