Box key off subbed card

tups

Inactive User
Reaction score
I understand I may be able to get the box key of my old (pre N3) card so I can watch my subbed channels through my DB.

Can anyone tell me if this is possible and if there any guides around that could help?

You'll probably need an unlooper to glitch the card.

I am new to working with cards so bare with me on this... am I right in thinking you need to glitch the card because reading it marks it and stops it working?

If that is the case then it should not be a problem as I am not using the card I am trying to read anymore.

I am new to working with cards so bare with me on this... am I right in thinking you need to glitch the card because reading it marks it and stops it working?

Not quite. You need to glitch it to read it, it won't stop it working but it will mark it.

Not quite. You need to glitch it to read it, it won't stop it working but it will mark it.

Ahh ok got it. Would I be able to use an old CAS3 programmer I have got to do this or is an unlooper a specific piece of hardware?

no you need an unlooper not a card reader/writer m8

Ok so it seems PowerSync unlooper is pretty novice friendly and I can use sidewinder to read what I need.

Before I buy the unlooper is there anything I can check to make sure it is readable? Like the version of the rom or something like that?

no there is nothing you can check i think tbh
but is it worth it buyig an unlooper for one card ??
if you are stuck giz a shout and i'll do it for you

no there is nothing you can check i think tbh
but is it worth it buyig an unlooper for one card ??
if you are stuck giz a shout and i'll do it for you

I like playing around with this stuff so think I will have a go at doing it myself but may end up taking you up on the offer if all fails. REal decent of you to offer.

Can I just check what I am trying to do makes sense so it doesn't waste a lod of time and money...

My area has just gone N3 so I want to be able to use my new vm card in my dreambox so I can watch my subbed channels.

I have found threads describing how to set this up but need the box key from the subbed card to do it.

So my plan is to grab the box key from my old card then chuck the new N3 card I have been sent in the dreambox as I assume it will be paired using the same key.

Does that seem sensible?

To use an N3 card you will also require a pairing key as well as the boxkey. Unfortunately this is extremely difficult to get requiring you to either know how to extract from an stb or how to decrypt a tier called a DT08 (if your card has one).

To my knowledge nobody has yet publically published any method to assist aquiring this key in the UK.

If your N3 card is paired to one of the modern boxes like a 2110 or one of the PVR type boxes then you may as well forget this now as you have little real chance of aquiring the key. Older boxes which have jtag etc you have some chance but it probably wont be easy !

If you do manage to aquire the key, then rqcs with CCcam is supposed to be the way to go !

Last edited:
You'd be better off saying what box you've got, as said above, it all depends on that.

If it's a Pace, you may be lucky... I wasn't.

Damn it I have got a Samsung 2010 so looks like my idea has fallen at the first hurdle.

Not sure if despdan is following this thread but know he managed to get this kind of set-up working which gave me hope.

All I want is to use my Dreambox to view the channels I pay for. Arrrgggh! Back to the drawing board!

Damn it I have got a Samsung 2010 so looks like my idea has fallen at the first hurdle.

Not sure if despdan is following this thread but know he managed to get this kind of set-up working which gave me hope.

All I want is to use my Dreambox to view the channels I pay for. Arrrgggh! Back to the drawing board!

That was all I wanted m8, I'm now with Sky. :proud:

My box is/was an ancient seemingly little used box, so I was well and truly outta luck. Hope you get lucky tho m8.

Back