Box keeps updating help pls

jimboo

Inactive User
Reaction score
I am trying to stop my pace 2000 from keep updating,
I have seen some where a diagram which shows you to solder a couple of wires which solves the problem.

Could some one aim me in the right direction.

Thanks

If it had a no update wire it would be visable when you take the lid off.. it goes to the nvram chip..

if there is no wire, the box could be in the update loop...

Or it could be the nvram chip...

ok
I am not sure what u are saying
I have a ntl 2000 what i am trying to get going in the tw area because me sammy has died.

i took the 2000 to a cw area and put it in the stream with it set to 41061 to get an update, which has been done all ok.

I was told to do the non update mod before i plug it back in tw area or the box will just keep trying to update. because it is a 2000 model.

I now i have to use libby to set it all back up but i am not sure about this non update mod first.

Cheers

please advise

I have just changed a 2000T to ex-c&w by putting a c&w dump on the chips and I'm sure it will work the other way around ie. put a TW dump on the attys and you'll be ok.
If you can't do the chips then just do the wembley trick (Net id 41047) in an ex-c&w area to get it on CR1 and before it updates unplug it and take it to the TW area your transfereing it to and set the Net id and freq' to the TW area in libby and do a forced update (4321) you don't do the Anti Update mod as this will stop it taking the TW firmware.
Clive.

Got a blue screen,
Box stays on chn 0 and about every 5 min says its trying to update,

Any ideas

Yes, pull the red jumper and take it to an ex-c&w area and follow the directions in my post above.
Clive.

excuse me for being so thick,
please confirm.
At the moment i can not see any CR version on any of the engineer pages.

remove red jumper for a couple of miniutes,
refit jumper
libby to 41047 666.750
take box to cw area and let it load.
how will i know when loaded ?
remove box and take to tw area,
libby back to tw area
connect box back up
hopefully then watch tv.

please confirm

cheers

ps no cables to be soldered or anything else,

you will know its loaded because it will work lol and show channels. :)

a 2000n running on cr1 wont update in a tw cr4/teleport area m8, {i take it your area has already updated}

I don't understand your answer in the last post.
Are you saying that now it has gone to teleport it will be CR4 ?

And if so it will not work anyway.

Please advise

Thanks

from a previous post you mentioned your area went teleport, {cr1 wont work on t/p, and a 2000n wont upgrade from it either

you need to flash the atmels with tw dumps m8

Thanks for all your help'
Won't be doing that a liitle bit to much with the soldering.
Will try and swap box with some one.

Cheers

Back