box just died...

dee19867

Inactive User
Reaction score
My box just died on me... im not sure if its funcard or what but no channels work not even bbc1.

I contacted my friend who lives like 5 mins away and his box died aswell.

Any help guys?

T/W area with T/w box on new software (i believe). Its not vod, as the box updated when vod was introduced.

Thanks

dee19867 said:
My box just died on me... im not sure if its funcard or what but no channels work not even bbc1.

I contacted my friend who lives like 5 mins away and his box died aswell.

Any help guys?

T/W area with T/w box on new software (i believe). Its not vod, as the box updated when vod was introduced.

Thanks

Perhaps there is some work going on in your area. If it were your funcard you should still get fta channels and your card ain't gonna affect your mates box. Are you getting not subscribed or just a blank screen?

Regards............Chookey:xmas:​

chookey said:
Perhaps there is some work going on in your area. If it were your funcard you should still get fta channels and your card ain't gonna affect your mates box. Are you getting not subscribed or just a blank screen?

I agree, sounds like a local problem. Certainly nothing wrong in my area. Logs look clean and nothing suspicious in stream.

My mate was using tit1 card and last sunday his box died aswell. He is in ntl coventry area. His box has NOTHING on display at all. Is yours has showing anything on front display?btw it is 4001 box. I hope there is someone who can shed some light.
mp101216

mp101216 said:
My mate was using tit1 card and last sunday his box died aswell. He is in ntl coventry area. His box has NOTHING on display at all. Is yours has showing anything on front display?btw it is 4001 box. I hope there is someone who can shed some light.
mp101216

Shed some light on a blank display. Very good.lol
Seriously he has a fault with the box, power supply by the sound of things. Should test the fuse to the plugtop first and then the internal fuse in the box. If these check out then he has some fault finding to be done.

Regards.........Chookey:xmas:​

box died here in ntl belfast area with mosc card
unpluged box and rebooted everything back to normal

to me a DEAD box is a box that wont power up etc so is that the problem or is it a problem with receiving channels? If its problem with receicving channels have you checked the signal strenth etc in eng menu? It may also be that the wire has been disconnected at the green box and if that is the case then you should have at least paid your min subs.

my box died last week. pace 4001n
No display - as in very dead.
fuse in plug is ok. i swap tested diplay into another box and it was ok. swap tested simm card (i think thats what its called) and that seemed ok. i take it the psu is built into the mobo. i think i know where the fuse is but can anyone confirm it with a pic, and where can i get one if it is blown. any other ideas or do i have to go to a local trader for a repair

cant do a pic mate but its the small round red thing just beside the mains input and says t1.25a...

Don't know if this is relevent to any of you guy's or not, but my friend asked me to have a look at their box for them because one minute ok next everything gone blank. I checked the eng menu and some reason the net i.d. had set back to default 99999, how strange was that, everything up and running again now. :BLOBBY: :BLOBBY:

Mine is off too, TW Birmingham area.
Totally blank screen though the channel number shows up in the box.
It says card status "cannot decode" in the engineers menu, anybody have an idea?
Never had all the channels go off before

Right, i have read thru just about every thread on every forum i know of and i have absolutely no idea what's wrong?
Box seems signal dead?
Anything i should check?
Anyone?, i am at a loss here.
Appreciated

Ok, just discovered it's teleport??
Now i need to find out if i can do something about it

What is the moidel of you box? What firmware CR release is running on your box? What type of card do you have?

Picture lost in pure ntl nottingham 4 station still working beeb1 2 , 3 and 4, maybe a number roll

'Kin'ell.

Don't do that to me......

I read the first few posts on this topic, then flicked over to find that my box had been reset and just panicked !!!!!!

Fortunately, TW Wigan is updating fine (if that's what it was) with an Atmega.

bammy said:
What is the moidel of you box? What firmware CR release is running on your box? What type of card do you have?

Pace Di2000T with a funcard4 not sure about the firmware though.
Can i do anything with the box?
Or what box will work, there are so many threads about this now (some contradicting) it's hard to get specifics

Last edited:
boxes going off

the first thing not to do is panic, people did kind of panic when all the au cards started going off, it was not long before the fixes were found, so just sit back and let the masters figure this one out and if it needs fixing im sure that they will find a fix..

Im in TW North London,

my channels got lost yesterday too...

My box is Ex-NTL and it was mentioned that TW are updating to CR4 and it kills NTL boxes on TW..

Dont know how accurate that is...

:BLOBBY:

Back