Box getting very hot

happydays

Inactive User
Reaction score
guys

i bought one of the early tm800hd's and have had know real issues other than it gets very hot, should I send it back to technomate or will a newer image solve this issue as suggested in one of the earlier images?

any thoughts

guys

i bought one of the early tm800hd's and have had know real issues other than it gets very hot, should I send it back to technomate or will a newer image solve this issue as suggested in one of the earlier images?

any thoughts

I've had newer and older versions of the receiver and to be fair the overheating issue is standard on all.

Like many others and myself you can use a Laptop cooling fan and it works a treat. I've had no issues with the overheating since connecting my cooler on it.

Plus you should update to the latest image mate as they are much better than the previous.

guys

Do you feel the heat is an issue?

My first TM800 ran fairly hot, but it didn't cause any problems.

I only replaced it because I was offered a swap and fancied the new build, however if you feel your machine is excessively hot then by all means contact TM.

I've had newer and older versions of the receiver and to be fair the overheating issue is standard on all.

I had an early box and although it got hot as expected it was never a problem. Like Witchy however, I had the opportunity to swap so I did. The new one with a fan barely gets warm to the touch now.

same as the others, i was offered the chance to swap my early one, but, i took pictures of the insides, and compared to the new one. the only difference is the fan.

you have the option of returning it to technomate for a replacement, or you could fit a small fan yourself, very easy to do

digi any chance of a tut of how to fit your own fan and i still cant get my hard drive working box just sticks on starting disconnect the hard drive and it boots up.

digi any chance of a tut of how to fit your own fan and i still cant get my hard drive working box just sticks on starting disconnect the hard drive and it boots up.

Take advantage of TM's offer if they are offering to repalce the device for one with a fan fitted or install a fan for you...Why pay for a fan out of your own pocket..even though it's only cheap...

Technomate in Edmonton could teach a lot of businesses a thing or 2 about customer service I kid you not; especially an apple that's rotten to the core! ;)

As far as I know they will only exchange boxes with the fan models if you bought directly from them but it doesnt hurt to give them a call and politely ask for a swap if you didnt. (Refer them to this post and the top paragraph may play in your favour!)

I bought one of these:

Veho VDC-001-Lite USB Powered Desktop Fan with Safety: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

Fans are made of rubber so risk of injury is 0% but work perfectly. Plug via USB and makes a little noise which should be drowned out by whatever you're watching and will guarantee keep your box as cool as ice.

i'd just sit the mrs in front of the box when watchin tv, my mrs mouth never stops waggin through a film and the amount of air she blows is bound to be more than enough.... even though its mostly hot air... lol

Back