Box Display all 8888:

steve9218

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi peeps,

Been a while since i've been on here, beeen trouble free my box up until now that is. It went a bit bonkers last week, the display showed 8888: and stayed like that, does anyone have any ideas please?

Last edited by a moderator:
atmels need reflowing or check the simm inside make sure its not loose

Hi peeps,

Been a while since i've been on here, beeen trouble free my box up until now that is. It went a bit bonkers last week, the display showed 8888: and stayed like that, does anyone have any ideas please?

depends on the box i think on a sammy thats a psu fault. check the caps and see if any have blown !!

as justintime says check the capacitors, i had same problem on a sammy 2100 and replaced all the caps and the box works perfect now

sounds like a 1k or 1b playing up ...more likely the attys on board need a reflow m8 ....as bin said already

ok guys, thanks for all your advice, im going to give the attys a quick re-flow now and see where that leaves me. (probably with a totally fooked box as i've never done that before)!:WEE1: Ps does anyone have a tut for the replow etc, any info will be greatly apreciated. you can msn me or pm me. Cheers

ok guys, thanks for all your advice, im going to give the attys a quick re-flow now and see where that leaves me. (probably with a totally fooked box as i've never done that before)!:WEE1: Ps does anyone have a tut for the replow etc, any info will be greatly apreciated. you can msn me or pm me. Cheers

is the vortex still there its got video removal

cant find any tut's now. all been removed i think

if i have a copy will send you .
i think i got a copy long time ago.

no sorry its gone will try other tut.
sorry lost it

Last edited:
hi mate i would edit that picture of your post. have you tried cleaning the contacts on the box and the sim this could be the problem and its easyer than a reflow with no risk

Hi there, I'm having problems with this too. All the 8s appeared so I tried heating the board with a hairdryer and then the box tried to boot but it only got to 'tune' so I replaced the capacitors. After I did that all the 8s appeared again so I blasted once more with the hairdryer and then it booted up fine but I can only see the first two digits of any channel on the stb. So for BBC1 is just says 10 and BBC News is 60.

Does anyone know why this one digit would disappear? I've replaced capacitors before and this never happened.

Thanks for any advice

88:88

Hi all

Box has gone on to 88:88 this morning aswell

1000 phase 1b

Tried turning off, leaving for 20 mins

still the same.

Anyone sorted out this problem yet

thanks all

sh*t left off all kmorning and still its the same

soon as i plug it in 88:88 comes on cant press any other buttons

Is there a way to reset the box

thanks

sh*t left off all kmorning and still its the same

soon as i plug it in 88:88 comes on cant press any other buttons

Is there a way to reset the box

thanks

Is there a way to reset the box----------------not from all the 8s m8

i take it you leave the box on 24 hours a day ???????

yes we do all the time

the box atmels need a reflow m8, {it might last that little bit longer if you start powering off at the wall when you go to bed, its your choice.}

the heatstress on the mainboard atmels causes bad conections

Hi there, I'm having problems with this too. All the 8s appeared so I tried heating the board with a hairdryer and then the box tried to boot but it only got to 'tune' so I replaced the capacitors. After I did that all the 8s appeared again so I blasted once more with the hairdryer and then it booted up fine but I can only see the first two digits of any channel on the stb. So for BBC1 is just says 10 and BBC News is 60.

Does anyone know why this one digit would disappear? I've replaced capacitors before and this never happened.

Thanks for any advice

it wasn't a cap fault m8, it was the hairdrier that brought it back to life { bad conection on the atmels, same as all the other posts in this thread}

Back