Bouquet Editor

extraspark

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all,
I have a quick question. I am trying to delete some channels on my dbox. I can delete the ones that I have created i.e. in the folders that I have made, but I cannot delete one called others on my dbox. I go into it and delete the channels from inside this folder and then save it, but when I reboot etc, all the channels are back in there.
I have looked on the bouquet file via ftp and I cannot see this folder in there at all. I can see all the other folders I have created and the name of the channels in there.
Any help most appreciated as I want to get rid of all these channels in this folder and I would like to get rid of this folder to.
Thanks
Sparks

try downloading the files from your dbox then delete the files on the dbox then edit the ones on your pc then put them back, i overwrited a bouquet file on my box and it was stil lthe same as before but discovered if i deleted the one on the box and then transfered my own it worked.

extraspark said:
Hi all,
I have a quick question. I am trying to delete some channels on my dbox. I can delete the ones that I have created i.e. in the folders that I have made, but I cannot delete one called others on my dbox. I go into it and delete the channels from inside this folder and then save it, but when I reboot etc, all the channels are back in there.
I have looked on the bouquet file via ftp and I cannot see this folder in there at all. I can see all the other folders I have created and the name of the channels in there.
Any help most appreciated as I want to get rid of all these channels in this folder and I would like to get rid of this folder to.
Thanks
Sparks

hi m8

the best thing to do is all the channels on that bouquet create another bouquet call it spare and put all the channels in that bouquet and then hide that bouquet

that should get rid of the channels out of others and hide both bouquets so you do not see them m8

hope that helps m8

cheers

Thanks for advice

I have done what you have said but when I go through the channels those channels that I have supposidley hide are still there?
How do i just make it so I get the channels that I want and not everything else.
I have hidden those bouquets but the channels are still appearing on the screen.
Thanks for your help on this matter

extraspark said:
I have done what you have said but when I go through the channels those channels that I have supposidley hide are still there?
How do i just make it so I get the channels that I want and not everything else.
I have hidden those bouquets but the channels are still appearing on the screen.
Thanks for your help on this matter

i think u have misunderstood me you cant hide the others you have to take all the channels out of the others and place them in another bouquet and hide that bouquet

then it should be all sorted

cheers

hey extraspark the only way to get rid of those channel is to delete them from your services file, backup your services file and open it in wordpad and look for the channels you don't want and delete them from arrow to arrow and save it then you wont have anything in others but be sure you back up your services files first.

Thanks will try that

Hi gav,
I have created the spare folder and still have the others folder. I have added all the channels into the spare folder, and now there is nothing in the others folder. I have selected hide on the spare folder but still have the problem that I can scan through these channels.
I will try the suggestion of removing the channels that i do not want from the service file.
Thanks for the advice both of you,
All the best
Sparks

extraspark said:
Hi gav,
I have created the spare folder and still have the others folder. I have added all the channels into the spare folder, and now there is nothing in the others folder. I have selected hide on the spare folder but still have the problem that I can scan through these channels.
I will try the suggestion of removing the channels that i do not want from the service file.
Thanks for the advice both of you,
All the best
Sparks

hi m8

yes if your doing a full guide you will always get them no matter what unless you edit the services.xml everytime you do a scan

i dont use the full guide i click the ok button and it gives me a list and right or left it flicks through the bouquets and all that is hidden stays hidden thats how i do it

but yes just becarefull the when you edit the services.xml that you dont leave empty spaces and stuff

cheers

Thanks

Thanks gav,
I will be careful not to leave spaces. Just dont want the kids getting on to the adult channels etc.
All the best
Sparks

Hi mate.

Over the past weeks, i have learnt to flash, and ftp dbox2.
All very interesting.
I found the easiest way to delete channels is to do it via the remote.
Sometimes a bit painful, but if you have all the channels in order it is very easy indeed.
With the ftp thing, i can't see a bouquets.xml folder to edit if i ever felt the need to??????

I looked under var/tuxbox with no joy.

Where is this folder located please?

Cheers.

Ford....

ford said:
Hi mate.

Over thneed to??????

I looked under var/tuxbox with no joy.

Where is this folder located please?

Cheers.

Ford....

var/tuxbox/conf./ zapit/ bouquet

You can 'get rid' of those channels using another file called antiservices.xml.
If you look inside your services.xml file you should see mention of that at the top of your channel listing.
Create a file called Anitservices.xml and just copy and paste the channels you don't want, in the same format as the services file, and they will 'disappear' from the Others list.
They are still there in reality, so if you do another scan, they should not reappear as long as they are in the anitservices file.

HTH

Last edited:
Back