Bought a used BMW xDrive - anyone familiar with them?

shabbaranks

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi,
so I have recently bought a used BMW xdrive with 45k on the clock. The AT-Auxiliary Transmission has been replaced at 17k and so Im nervous this could happen again and looking at the cost to do these its around the 2.5k mark.

Is anyone familiar with these issues and also would anyone suggest how I can get some form of "peace of mind" for this even if it just covers this and doesn't cost me a fortune? I appreciate you get nothing for nothing but I don't really want to spend loads.

Thanks
Shabbs

Read your thread an something sprung to mind about a conversation with a lad at work, he had a hybrid bmw x5 but when he was talking to the bmw thech guys they let on you have to keep the tyres within 2mm from front to back or back to front and if they went out by 2mm then it caused the problem above and they did not cover it under warranty. Its in the manual apparntley. Anyway hope its not true for you but may be worth looking in for manual for such wording.

I've read about this and the tyre tread funnily enough looking back at the receipts for the car it had low tyre tread and this is when it went wrong (haven't got them here but Im sure it was the time).

I appreciate BMW's and the like do cost a lot of money to run its just these "inconsistencies" that annoy me, basically its almost saying if you want to replace 1 tyre you need to do all 4 :(

Back