boot from Stand alone kernel?

capt_jack

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi all just wondering if i can use the 05- switch to put new flash image in somehow?

how can i get this to work if this is possible? current firmware is Fiberware SB4100 V9F4

ive tried netboot and bitfile methods already. i dont want to use max232 if can avoid it. any advice anyone?

hi all just wondering if i can use the 05- switch to put new flash image in somehow?

how can i get this to work if this is possible? current firmware is Fiberware SB4100 V9F4

ive tried netboot and bitfile methods already. i dont want to use max232 if can avoid it. any advice anyone?

Have the exact same prob here and just ordered the max
would like some info on this aswell if possaible

two in the same boat i see. blackcat is also an option but, as with max232/3, i'd rather not. anybody?

no way out getting out of that firmware without a max232 mate tried for months sorry mate looks like you will probably have to use a max232

damn! just tried blackcat! all was going fine (so I thought!) and it even flashed the firmware!

i rebooted and i STILL have the old firmware!

aaaaaarrrrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh!

max233 here i come!

bloody hell! max233 doesnt seem to want to work either!!!
hyperterminal auto boots even when i quickly press 2 then enter and hangs at starting at 0xbfc40000...
whats the matter with this firmware?????

is there anything else i can do guys?? is there a jumper on the 4100 that blocks updates?

anyone have a full flash and or bootloader and or instructions i can use to flash through blackcat??

thanks for any info

Back