boosting the network

Mick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
i was reading an article the other week about boosting the router power on networks to cover as much as 200 - 400 meters in doors ? and upto 800 meters out doors ... but i think that you would also need to boost the power of the cards aswell as you would only get it boosted one way ?

anyone else know about or heard of this before ?

Cheers for all info
Mickie

this is interesting

i found it on some other site:

#####################################

Okay, so you’re wanting more return from your Basestation. Fair enough, but one warning. The general public all over the world is worried about mobile phones and their emissions. That’s at 900 meg and above. Your standard microwave oven works at a few gig. Now just imagine that your microwave cooks the food by exciting the water molecules in the food you’re cooking. The high frequency radio waves impart energy on the molecules, which have so much excess energy in them, they give it off as heat! Now your basestation is working at 2.4 gig. At the output it’s designed for it’s pretty much safe, just as long as you’re not carrying it around gluedd to your head. By attaching an antenna to it, custom made to really boost the signal and adding an amp etc, you’re pumping the power way up there. The problem is when you get into these realms, you start to produce energy that if you’re around it for any length of time, your body can’t dissipate it. It’s called whole body heating. It’ll heat the water in your body and if you’re around it for too long, you won’t cool down. Your eyes are most susceptible. Hence, place the airport out of the way, in the roof, on the ceiling, but if you’re amping it in any way, make sure the antenna is a good few meters away from a living/ dwelling area. Oh and makee sure you’re using something like an omni if it’s close to a dwelling unit (radiates 360 degrees) or if you’re using a narrow beam antenna, make sure your line of sight is clear of any dwelling units within 12 meters or more.

#####################################

i was thinking pf boosting the gain but now i am thinking again ???

people have used point to point made dish's (using a minidish and a fooking pringles tin lol) and its travelled 15Km with no amp but with a aerial that ouputs just 9db (which is not to much)

but you need line of site i was wondering about broadcasting to my mums she is about half a mile away we might get line of site as she lives in flats and they are on a hill and from the top you can see them kinda lol.

it would be interesting to try lol

Back