Booster Findings...

T4i

Inactive User
Reaction score
Had to get another booster for my upstairs dream.

Noticed the SLx wasnt available at Argos anymore....

So got the http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5344235.htm instead, its complete rubbish for my Telewest setup.

Took it back and got my money back (bought wrong item ;) )

Went to B&Q and they have the whole SLx range in stock. SLx1, SLx2, SLx4 and SLx6.

Works a minter again now :)

Had to get another booster for my upstairs dream.

Noticed the SLx wasnt available at Argos anymore....

So got the http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5344235.htm instead, its complete rubbish for my Telewest setup.

Took it back and got my money back (bought wrong item ;) )

Went to B&Q and they have the whole SLx range in stock. SLx1, SLx2, SLx4 and SLx6.

Works a minter again now :)

that booster from argos is the one im using.thought it was ok but im just a new to the dream i am also waiting on one coming from ebay to test but thanks for the info about B&Q will check it out tomorrow.

cheers johny48

that booster from argos is the one im using.thought it was ok but im just a new to the dream i am also waiting on one coming from ebay to test but thanks for the info about B&Q will check it out tomorrow.

cheers johny48

The new 'plug-in' style from booster did nothing to my signal at all.

With the SLx1 booster I can get ITV2 perfect, movies 3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 are just about watchable.

Nothing I can do about that now though, just hope they put them to higher frequencies in the near future...

that plug in booster is the reason im looking for some thing else its massive : shocked2 it will only plug into the wall socket it takes up 2 plug spaces on my extension adapter so i think i will be returning it asp (when i get some thing better)
cheers johny48

I have one of the SLX1 boosters and have noticed that there is a loud hum coming from it. its mainly noticeable when there is nothing on in the room - my gain is turned up fully (not been bothered to go back behind the tv to turn it down!) but do u think turning it down will stop the hum?

Should it hum? Do other peoples hum?

If it continues humming then i mighthave to go and buy an different none huming version :)

hi
i noticed the humming or buzzing the other night (had gain up full as well)but it had been on all day so thought it was for that reason haven't noticed it since but saying that its not been used for a day or so, as im back onto my dbox playing with com 7.5.
cheers johny48

Back