Bold through pulling hair out!!

Valentino000

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi all

ok i know this has been covered before, and yes i have read all the threads about this problem but it still wont work.

i have a sammy witha locked n*l card, so i got a jtagger tried a few methods but after much reading the following method is supposed to be the one that works -

* i connect my jtagger to my pc and to the stb
* i hold the down button on the stb and switch it on
* when display reaches ld:14 u let go
* wait until display shows 0 and green light is on the power button
* start up bke 2.2 and click the jtag tab
* choose config 1 and sammy 2100 (davic) click connect
* ird shows 3e ** ** 7e so that works
* but bk is 00 00 00 00 00 00 etc

before i did anything i have cut talkback and cleared board with the wire connected to the battery method, i then connected it to the stream and it did update, waited until channels came up on tv, all fta channels work, then tried the above jtag and the damn thing won't give me the bk!!!!!

also tried ocd, same thing, give me ird but nothing for bk, i am using the following byte in config 1 file for bke 2.2 -

[NTL]
IRD =0x20020004
BOXKEY =0x00F6A8A8

so does any 1 hav any ideas coz im lost and about to cry :(

when display reads ld14 press and hold the down button then release when the display reads ld40

dont think thats gonna work, when ld:14 appears on the display it changes to ld:40 in the blink of an eye, you cannot press ld:14 and release when ld:40appears cos it does it in milliseconds, well it does on my stb??

i have heard that the bytes have changed, so i guess thats why its not working, does any 1 have the latest bytes for n*l

ok 1 more time - the sequence for putting the box into debug

power up the box and hover over than ch- button as soon as the display goes ld14 press and hold at least until display goes ld40.
watch for the small writing in bottom left or screen.
then try to extract the bk.

try these bytes in OCD

byte 0xf6a8a8 ff

BYTE 0X00942D24 8
BYTE 0x00F6A8A8 8
Byte 0x00a0e6dc 8 12FF
Byte 20020004 4 12FF
byte 0x20020004 4
byte 0xf6a8a8 ff

tried it mate does'nt work, getting into debug mode is not the problem, i get it into debug mode everytime, the problem is that it gives me the ird but the bk comes up as all 00000000000000000 like i said before i have heard that the location for the bk have been moved, hopefully for tomorrow if it has moved ill let u all know, i have a man on the job

riksta i tried that, only got sore fingers holding down the jtagger for so long while typing all that in, didn't show bk??

Valentino000 said:
hi all
ok i know this has been covered before, and yes i have read all the threads about this problem but it still wont work.
i have a sammy witha locked n*l card, so i got a jtagger tried a few methods but after much reading the following method is supposed to be the one that works -
* i connect my jtagger to my pc and to the stb
* i hold the down button on the stb and switch it on
* when display reaches ld:14 u let go
* wait until display shows 0 and green light is on the power button
* start up bke 2.2 and click the jtag tab
* choose config 1 and sammy 2100 (davic) click connect
* ird shows 3e ** ** 7e so that works
* but bk is 00 00 00 00 00 00 etc
before i did anything i have cut talkback and cleared board with the wire connected to the battery method, i then connected it to the stream and it did update, waited until channels came up on tv, all fta channels work, then tried the above jtag and the damn thing won't give me the bk!!!!!
also tried ocd, same thing, give me ird but nothing for bk, i am using the following byte in config 1 file for bke 2.2 -
[NTL]
IRD =0x20020004
BOXKEY =0x00F6A8A8
so does any 1 hav any ideas coz im lost and about to cry :(

Make sure you follow this procedure by the book mate
By the way are you Italian?
Mee too ciao!

• Get your New Sammy remove talk back resistors.
• Short battery for 5-10 secs
• Turn on without feed
• Change pin to 1234
• Turn it off and on again this time with feed.
• Take update until you see channels.

• Turn it off

• Turn it on without feed
• Wait for LD20
• Push down ch button until LD40 and then nothing on the tv.
• On tv you have navigator loading and ntl logo.

• Wait!!! This is where all happen!!

• Wait until goes black and bottom right you see starting.
• Now! connect your jtag lead to sammy’s motherboard.
• Run BK2 making sure on the config.ini file you have:

IRD =0x20020004
BOXKEY =0x00F6A8A8

And bingo you got your BK.

ermmm this sounds kinda dangerous, u want me to connect the jtag when the power is already on??? dont wanna risk frying the mobo, i think ill try that when all esle has falied me thinks.

found these bytes but i dont know which 1 is for which any ideas -

?? - 0X00942D24
N*L - 0x00F6A8A8
?? - 0x00A0E6DC

mark i tried ur method coz im desperate now, but same thing, it give ird but not the bk, so it must be in debug mode, it must be connected properly coz it gives me the ird, so if its not that what esle can it be???

cheers mark1832 :) it was all about the timing!!! other versions were never that fussy:Cheers: :Cheers: :Cheers:

hi all i had the same problem as others here, i was using bke 2.2 i was getting my ird but bk was all 0000000000

i changed the config 1 file to this and it worked

[NT*L]
IRD =0x20020004
BOXKEY =0x00A0E6DC

hope this helps :)

I followed mark1832 s method, and I got a BK ending 00 00 (but the rest had characters) i tried it but no luck so far, does the bk endign 00 00 suggest that it is wrong ?
Thanks/

Back