bluray drive

tvmnet

Inactive User
Reaction score
Is there anywhere that sell the bluray drive?
we have a PS3 that no longer recognises any disc that is put in, be it a game, cd, dvd, or bluray disc.
bit unusual for all of it to just stop...
we suspect the drive but has anyone else had this problem? No error messages on screen either....

Bought it 2nd hand, its a 60gb, and no warranty left :(

Bought it 2nd hand, its a 60gb, and no warranty left :(

phone sony customer services, they will probably still replace it even though its out of warranty. its worth a try.

phone sony customer services, they will probably still replace it even though its out of warranty. its worth a try.

Agree

Sony customer support are really good when replaceing PSP's so hopefully they offer the same service for PS3's

Heres the Sony exchange number 08705 998877

As long as the PS3 is a UK model I don't think you'll have a problem, also just tell them you purchased it within the last year (They don't ask for reciepts for the PSP's so hopefully it's the same here)

Sony have the best Customer Services I've ever encountered :)

Is there anywhere that sell the bluray drive?
we have a PS3 that no longer recognises any disc that is put in, be it a game, cd, dvd, or bluray disc.
bit unusual for all of it to just stop...
we suspect the drive but has anyone else had this problem? No error messages on screen either....

could be just a case of needing to clean the discs? in HMV they have a service to 'fix' discs. not sure what exactly is wrong with yours but mine sometimes cant read the disc so I have to wipe it and re-insert it and it works.

could be just a case of needing to clean the discs? in HMV they have a service to 'fix' discs. not sure what exactly is wrong with yours but mine sometimes cant read the disc so I have to wipe it and re-insert it and it works.

i doubt if this is the problem. have you seen the amount of abuse a bluray can take and still play without any problems. if a little bit of dust is affecting yours, maybe your lazer is on its way out too.

let us know how u get on when you phone sony up.

Back