blu ray burning

abcd

Inactive User
Reaction score
i was wondering if any1 knew of a place i could go to get a blu ray burned in glasgow? i have tried a few of the smaller computer shops but none of them offer the service. i dont really want to buy a blu ray burner as they are over £100.

i just recently bought a hd panasonic camcorder and can only burn to dvd which obv loses all the quality. any help anyone please? im desperate....

Well if you bought the camcorder, i would invest in a blu ray burner. Or else you will end up paying every time you make a recording, and would probably spend the £100 quite quickly. Why not get one for a christmas present, just burn your recordings as dvd for now and keep the original on your hard drive, then when you get the burner put it on blu ray.

Alternatively can you not put them on a hard drive and use a media streamer, that way you don't need a burner or any discs at all, i believe the blank discs for blu ray can be quite expensive.

You can burn to DVD in HD quality, you just dont get as much on the disk and the disk can only be played back in a blu-ray player.

Depending on if it's 720p or 1080p depends on how long you get, it can be as little as 20 mins on a 4.5gb DVD.

I use Pinnacle Studio to do mine, I do have a blu-ray burner, but sometimes if I am doing something short I will put it on a DVD blank as that only costs me less than 20p a blu-ray blank would cost me £1 (but you do get over 7 DVD's on a blu-ray so they are cheaper for storage).

There are a few programs that will output a AVCHD DVD disk.

If you have a PS3 then you can also put the files onto that, but bear in ming that blu-ray files do not get split like DVD vob files, so many of them would be over the 4gb limit for a fat 32 formatted drive, and the PS3 cannot read an external drive that isnt fat 32.

You can stream stuff from your PC to the PS3 using PS3mediaserver and keep every bit of the quality and resolution.

Like Eva says though, if you plan on doing lots of home movies, then buying a blu-ray burner is the cheaper option, you can also use it to burn DVD's, so you could think of it as an upgrade for your system.

Last edited:
if you check ebay now, there are are couple of new ones going cheap.
one going for 50quid, only a few hours left to bid....

Back