Bloody VETS !!!!

the main problem with vets is its private health care. we paid nearly £5k out in my last dogs last year before she died. they always ask the same question " are you insured ?" when you say yes. you can see the money signs in there eyes lol. we changed vets in the end becacuse we thought they were just using us for a cash cow.

Panorama on Thursday is about vets overchargin an bin bastards.

You gotta remember the vet has to do everything in the animals interest.

I'd advise ALL animals to be insured by PETPLAN only.

(wife's a vet)

Panorama on Thursday is about vets overchargin an bin bastards.

You gotta remember the vet has to do everything in the animals interest.

I'd advise ALL animals to be insured by PETPLAN only.

(wife's a vet)

petplan is fine but it doesnt cover everything.my dogs are with petplan and it still costs a fortune for consultations and general medication all which are not covered by this plan so you are paying twice.

I don't think they have to take blood unless your dog has a history with certain illnesses. You might want to question why this was carried out and if it was necessary.

I got my dogs nuts removed last week and the vets advised the cost 'started at £191'. I asked them to be more specific but they couldn't as it depends on the amount of drugs used and the time it takes. In the end it only cost £194 which was better than expected but expensive all the same. I think I saved money because he didn't need some drug that helps bring them round after the operation.

I still feel bad for having his nuts off, if I wanted a dog with no nuts I'd have bought a bitch. I won't bore you with the reasons for getting it done.

I was with pet plan for insurance and found them expensive and charging for things you don’t actually need cover for. I’m now with Tesco but tbh they’re all at the ham.

i like my dogs vet ...
but ..
you cant help think they are robbin me blind !!

We have a 4 month old boxer bitch
and a 7 year old boxer dog

we decided to have his nuts off(bitch in season in 2 month ') , the vet quoted us £130 , we agreed
no problems !
Yesterday was day of surgery , we got the dog and went to the vets .
We picked up the invoice for the bill to be paid AFTER surgery.
This bill was 240!!!???!! QUID !!!
we just did not have the money it was almost DOUBLE the quote !
They put on 2 additional things :
Different anesthetic ( inducing) because he is 7 or over !
Blood test beforehand ( because he is 7 or over )

They did not tell us this on the day of the quote ! we was pretty surprised and annoyed that they could do this !
Anyway we went ahead , surgery was fine .
Just dissappointed the vet would move the goalpost like this !
thanks for listening
a SKINT till payday
chris lol

Same happened when we went to get our bitch done....it was an emergency op as they said she had piametra...we got slip of paper from them...quoting the op would not be more than 250...if it was going to be more,they had ta fone and ask our permission....we went got her next day....463 a nearly hit the bloody floor..thanksfully her da was able ta pay with cc...but i took it further,,as they did not call and ask permission ta do anything to her that would go above the quoted price...took us about a year fighting with the vet,,we ended up getting the xtra they added on...there prices are bad nuff withoot taking the crap.......they gee ye med if dogs no well,,,its a bloody paracetamol and they wid charge 3 0r 4 quid for it!!vets are shocking!av since got shitzu and she had pups..(kept 1 pup)...1st thind a dun was insure it..lol,,,cany afford vets wen they get to ops.....i would recommend petplan,there prices are a joke,we got quoted 27 a month for the pup,,got it through cis...half the price and covers xcact same as petplan.

Last edited:
just wait if they get really ill, i spent thousands i kid you not on my staffie that passed away, couldnt get insurance as we didnt get her as a pup and because of the age,

thousands spent and the poor bugger and she still didnt make it. sad times.

Back