Bloody VETS !!!!

chrispeters

Elite Member
Reaction score
i like my dogs vet ...
but ..
you cant help think they are robbin me blind !!

We have a 4 month old boxer bitch
and a 7 year old boxer dog

we decided to have his nuts off(bitch in season in 2 month ') , the vet quoted us £130 , we agreed
no problems !
Yesterday was day of surgery , we got the dog and went to the vets .
We picked up the invoice for the bill to be paid AFTER surgery.
This bill was 240!!!???!! QUID !!!
we just did not have the money it was almost DOUBLE the quote !
They put on 2 additional things :
Different anesthetic ( inducing) because he is 7 or over !
Blood test beforehand ( because he is 7 or over )

They did not tell us this on the day of the quote ! we was pretty surprised and annoyed that they could do this !
Anyway we went ahead , surgery was fine .
Just dissappointed the vet would move the goalpost like this !
thanks for listening
a SKINT till payday
chris lol

i like my dogs vet ...
but ..
you cant help think they are robbin me blind !!

We have a 4 month old boxer bitch
and a 7 year old boxer dog

we decided to have his nuts off(bitch in season in 2 month ') , the vet quoted us £130 , we agreed
no problems !
Yesterday was day of surgery , we got the dog and went to the vets .
We picked up the invoice for the bill to be paid AFTER surgery.
This bill was 240!!!???!! QUID !!!
we just did not have the money it was almost DOUBLE the quote !
They put on 2 additional things :
Different anesthetic ( inducing) because he is 7 or over !
Blood test beforehand ( because he is 7 or over )

They did not tell us this on the day of the quote ! we was pretty surprised and annoyed that they could do this !
Anyway we went ahead , surgery was fine .
Just dissappointed the vet would move the goalpost like this !
thanks for listening
a SKINT till payday
chris lol

too fookin right they rip you off, did you get a written quote?

I had to one of my dogs to a local clinic, it was out of hours, she got bit by another dog, £150 notes they charged for a clean up and a jab.

I usually always take the dogs to the RSPCA is Eccles, cheap, excellent service (although waiting times can be long), but I always give a generous donation on top of the bill since avid animal lover and a worthwhile organisation.

i know its nothing to do with what happened to you , ( which is wrong , did you complain . ) but i have a shar-pei bitch she will be a year old in november and she as still not come into season any ideas why?

Im on tax credits so i take my dogs to the blue cross. £40 it cost to get my staffy done the other week. Ialso donate to the blue cross wether it be the odd tenner or stuff for them to sell or raffle.

We have a boxer/mastiff cross and we're forever running back and forth the vets with her.

Have you never looked into getting pet insurance?
We get ours with PetPlan, pay £18 per month and it covers for up to £4000 every year. We pay the excess of £65 but anything after that is free.
Ours has a problem with her back legs,cruciate disease. She first went about it years ago but if we ever go back now it doesn't cost us because its an ongoing condition that we've already paid the excess for.

We got a big shock when she was 1st diagnosed with it. They said there was an operation that she could have but it would cost £4000 per leg :eek:
She never ended up having it but we were glad that the insurance would cover it.

We did have to pay for her to spayed though as it didn't cover that, only accidents and illness.

We've found it's worth it in the long run though rather than getting those overpriced vet bills.

yeah mate..
we have insurance for him ... does not cover stuff like neutering though .
and its 300 quid excess lol :gulp

I took my son for a haircut.

It's about a fiver for a man/boys typical cut.

They charged me £20 as his hair was 'longer and thicker than normal'.

Twenty notes to cut a 15 year old boys hair, daylight robbery.

what's that got to do with vets witchy?? :)

yeah mate..
we have insurance for him ... does not cover stuff like neutering though .
and its 300 quid excess lol :gulp

300 excess, blimey, mines only £60 .... i'm with tesco's

anyway, i know what u mean though, i took my dog to vets the other day, eye weeping discharge, they checked it, nothing there, must of just scratched it, they gave me eye drops, a 3g tube, total bill £44 i checked the price of cream on line, £4 i phoned them, they said, £28.50 consultaion and the rest was for dispensary charge..

i know its nothing to do with what happened to you , ( which is wrong , did you complain . ) but i have a shar-pei bitch she will be a year old in november and she as still not come into season any ideas why?

No each dog is different my staffy didnt come into season for first time till she was 12month old. Dont worry.

300 excess, blimey, mines only £60 .... i'm with tesco's

anyway, i know what u mean though, i took my dog to vets the other day, eye weeping discharge, they checked it, nothing there, must of just scratched it, they gave me eye drops, a 3g tube, total bill £44 i checked the price of cream on line, £4 i phoned them, they said, £28.50 consultaion and the rest was for dispensary charge..

yeah was gonna say £300 is alot. i think mine is £50 with m&s

ya we go pdsa we went vets before my dog was there over week end it was on death door charged us 2half grand to keep him there till monday kept having blood tests etc to and then on monday said coulnt save him
to cap it all off my dad said he settle the bill wen gets back from holiday week later had baliffs on us lol my dad owns 2 pubs aswell not short of money said to them pay them in end he went down kicked off paid cash never again i take my dog pdsa how much think it be have my dogs balls off

they prey on your love for animals.
My wife just got £28.50 rabbit speyed,£70 ffs.
Can you imagine how the human health care runs in USA when the vets are like this here!

they prey on your love for animals.
My wife just got £28.50 rabbit speyed,£70 ffs.
Can you imagine how the human health care runs in USA when the vets are like this here!

bloodyhell ya you have pay for your heathcare over there
should have nhs lol is it really bad then for health care in states m8

Back