Bloody Teleport

adrianfo

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi
Could someone tell me what the story will be with these 2 boxes when Teleport hits. We are in a TW area

Di1000T - Hware P1.3 - Sware P1.53.25D.Cr2

Di4000/N - Hware P3.245 - Sware vP3.53.25H.Cr1

They both boot with NTL logo

Am I right in assuming that the update mod will need removing. But what then.

The problem is one belongs to my brother and the other my brothers kids bedroom. I do the cards for them so if the boxes go down I would like to be prepared for the flak.
Hope someone can help
Cheers

hi
remove the update mod
1000t should up date to new s/w
and 4000/n should got 3.2 if not it wont work

cheers for the quick reply
so if i cut the update mod in the 1000 and then put it back into the TW stream it will update ok??
cheers

If the DI1000 box boots with NTL software then it must of been converted at sometime and may have difficulty updating on TeleWest. Remove the no-update mod and give it a go - If it doesn't work you will probably need to reflash the box with TW firmware.

The 4000N box is going to give you a problem. You could update it to cr3.2 in a C&W area to give a temporary fix but ultimately you are going to have to flash a Telewest loader into the boot chip and a Telewest platform into the platform (Samsung/Toshiba) chip. Unfortunately the platform chip is a bit of a weird one - its not a standard flash chip but a flashfile. A Willem or simple programmer won't touch it so you will need a labprog or compatible type programmer !

Cheers for that
Would anyone be willing, for a fee, to take on this job. I don`t have the time plus I have 2 hands full of thumbs and I know for a fact I would feck it up.
I live in the Bradford area so if anyone has the skills and the time please let me know. Or maybe a swap of some sort. All I know is that when it changes I am gonna get some earache from my brother
Cheers

This is a genuine offer guys if anyone can help it would be much appreciated
It could even be a TW box set up for Tport taking the other 2 boxes in exchange
Cheers

Both Will Need Reflashing Mate Ansd As For Takin On Your Work..i Dont Think Anyone Will Be That Daft Mate How Do We Know Your Not Telewest Or Ntl Security Setting Us Up???

Have A Go Yourself Mate After All The Forum Is About Having A Go Yourself....

i think its against forum rules to openly ask 4 these services, keep it to pm's m8.

if i wer u id DIY, do the research n ul find it aint tht difficult.

appriciate the comments, didn't know I was breaking the rules so sorry about that. Of course I'm a full time TW executive - I just lay bricks as a hobby.
Anyway cheers for all the input

Back