Bloody mice in loft space.

I bought a bottle off the internet and just soaked the cotton balls direct from the bottle and chucked 4 of them in each shed.
Thanks I've done that...see hoe it goes..put the cotton balls in the roof space today...

we used to use the glue traps, then relocate the mice. the mice get stuck on really well, but soak them in oil when ready to release and they get out pretty easy. saves your house and saves a life

Try to get rid of any food sources whenever possible. Bird feeders, keep cabinets closed, pick up any dropped food etc. So long as there is a food source you will have mice problems, no matter how much trapping you do.

i use ultrasonic have 3 of them so far ive not had any think its a god send,down side if you have any mouse like things as pets it will freek them out,lol my next door had one and hers tryed to get out of cage, ops lol.

Apparently, peanut butter is the way forward.

They can't run off with a lump of it and have to stay to eat, makes the trap more effective.

Personally, I'd humane trap them and relocate them. We had an issue at work with mice, we are next to an allotment and lots of greenery. The manager who complained to the maintenance staff about them found they were installing traps and went off it saying he didn't want them killed.
i like this one i would just sit and piss my self laffing to do anything,no i can't stand the fookers

Update.. been using the peppermint balls solution now for a while...seems like the mice or whatever it was have no left the roof space...cant hear them anymore..result.. 😉
The mousetrsps never got triggered...

I have a similar problem with rats in our shed. I seen a few rat dropping on the floor of the shed.

The thing is the shed is half full of timber and for all i know they are living in there so if i block all entrances off they will be stuck. I have a dog so poison is out of the question and not sure about those ultrasonic things. I would worry they would drive the dog nuts. I live next to a few arces of fields so mice and rats go with the territory. Had a few mice inside before but never had rats inside. My home made mouse trap does not seem to work for rats either.

cJSXxld.jpg

Is it just peppermint oil or what ye are using and does anyone know if it will work for rats too. if it works i will put them around the yard too cause the horrible little things are always in the yard. The dog kills one every few months.

I have a similar problem with rats in our shed. I seen a few rat dropping on the floor of the shed.

The thing is the shed is half full of timber and for all i know they are living in there so if i block all entrances off they will be stuck. I have a dog so poison is out of the question and not sure about those ultrasonic things. I would worry they would drive the dog nuts. I live next to a few arces of fields so mice and rats go with the territory. Had a few mice inside before but never had rats inside. My home made mouse trap does not seem to work for rats either.

cJSXxld.jpg

Is it just peppermint oil or what ye are using and does anyone know if it will work for rats too. if it works i will put them around the yard too cause the horrible little things are always in the yard. The dog kills one every few months.
Leave the door ajar if you have nothing of value in there and let the neighbourhood cats sort it out.

Youll then need to get rid of the cats after though as they will crap everywhere :D :p

Leave the door ajar if you have nothing of value in there and let the neighbourhood cats sort it out.

Youll then need to get rid of the cats after though as they will crap everywhere :D :p

If only i had neighbours.😂

Even if i do that no guarantee they have left.

i like this one i would just sit and piss my self laffing to do anything,no i can't stand the fookers
caught one yesterday with peanut butter and a bit of biscuit pressed into it ,could hear it in the loft but i saw it in my bedroom the other night

Attachments

• IMG_20210215_044512.jpg
    IMG_20210215_044512.jpg
    630.1 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20210215_040338.jpg
    IMG_20210215_040338.jpg
    667.6 KB · Views: 11

cJSXxld.jpg

Yes it is just peppermint oil, soak it into cotton wool balls and chuck about 4 or 5 of them about your shed, chuck fresh ones in after about a week, the rats should be gone by then but best to do a third lot just to make sure. It's been months since I done my shed and still no rats and a neighbour has said he hasn't seen any around his shed and garage since either.

The peppermint did the trick for me with rats. Been 2 weeks since I seen any dropping in the shed.

Got the peppermint in Holland and Barrett. It was around €15. It's definitely easier than using traps and having to check and set them everyday.

Bet they were looking forward to getting out of lockdown and seeing the world outside now spring is here and foxes need feeding.

Australia has the same issue, well maybe a little worse-
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Back