Bloody EBAY !!!!

Rs2k_Rider

DW's Resident Medic
Reaction score
Bloody EBAY !!!! Maybe a gd ebayer at last..!!

Right,

brought this bumper from ebay today
h$$p://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=130092359533

Tried to call the seller like 5 times, emailed once and no reply to any....!! the bumper is less than 5 miles away from me so thought... he wont have a prob with me picking it up seeing as its down the road...!!! just got an email back saying its delivery only... he wants £25 to send the bumper less than 5 miles...!!??!?!?!?! i could have it picked up by a taxi cheeper...!!! so just sent him a email back saying im not paying £25 for postage for him to drive less than 5 miles and deliver it him self coz i know i wouldnt get it delivered....
Ok fair enough does say in the listing postage etc.... but come on ud think the guy would have some sence... or maybe not as the case may seem...!!

Last edited:
Maybe he's increased the price of the postage to try and get more money from the auction. Dishonest I know, and there are millions of sellers that do it. But if he never stated that local pickup was an option in the auction he is well within his rights to say no. Really you should have asked before bidding on the auction.

Why don't you go through the process of paying him through Paypal and it will show you his address before you have to hit the final Pay button. Then just go round to his house and get it! Maybe say you'll give him £10 more than what the final price was, split the difference if you will, and see what he says.

just got this email back from the guy....

hi mate sorry you won it so yeah you can collect. i did list this for
someone who asked for it to be listed for the £55 inc postage. you beat him
to it. postage is about £10 for one of these, tho i did it like this to save
my listing fees. i norm charge £45 for these, so your had it off. this is
at my home so eves is best for me. my address is .........

I said that i will pay him £40 as a gd will gesture.... think thats fair...

lol. if i was you id go down to his house and barter and blag its funnt shape few scratches got to paint so gonna cost me more and get him to knock the price down even less lol..: multi :

The thing with ebay is you got one person listing something for 99p and with postage of 10quid to not only put their listing higher in the list, its also annoying, but when one does it, another does it and when i want to sell something, i can only get a positive repsonse by following what they are doing.

(by the way i didnt sell him the bumper lol it sounded like i did, im talking about my own experiance.)

I won't buy the 99p items with £10 p&p as if there is a dispute I only get 99p back not the real price.

I won't buy the 99p items with £10 p&p as if there is a dispute I only get 99p back not the real price.

Really? i didnt know that.

Back