bloody disgrace

countryboy

Inactive User
Reaction score
The king is dead long live the village idiot
LONDON (Reuters) - It had all the ingredients of a proper royal wedding: romance, tradition, rain, and a gossip magazine feud.

Peter Phillips became on Saturday the first of the Queen's grandchildren to wed, marrying his Canadian bride Autumn Kelly in drizzly weather at a chapel at Windsor Castle.

Phillips, 30, is the Queen's eldest grandchild and son of Princess Anne. He is 11th in line to the throne.

Unlike his first cousins, Princes William and Harry -- or his sister, equestrian champion and Beijing Olympics hopeful Zara Phillips -- he has tended to stay out of the limelight.

Nevertheless, he accepted an offer from gossip magazine Hello! to allow its photographers exclusive access to the wedding for a reported 500,000 pounds.

Hello! calls it "the fairytale romance which has bridged continents and social divides".

But the rest of the celebrity-obsessed media was locked out, and predictably furious.

"What a start to married life for Princess Anne's son Peter Phillips -- cashing in on the accident of his birth and literally selling his grandmother to Hello! magazine," the Daily Mail thundered.

Kelly arrived with six bridesmaids in sage green frocks, including her royal sister-in-law Zara. They carried the train of her gown up the chapel steps to keep it out of puddles.

As is perhaps inevitable at weddings, speculation focused on who would be next. Prince Harry was expected to formally present his girlfriend of four years, Chelsy Davy, to the Queen for the first time.

Prince William's off-again-on-again girlfriend Kate Middleton was also present, but William himself was unable to attend because he was at a friend's wedding in Kenya.

Phillips and Kelly met in 2003 at the Montreal Grand Prix, when he worked for the Formula 1 racing team BMW Williams and she worked at the BMW hospitality suite.

He was determined to woo her on his own terms and did not initially tell her of his royal lineage. She has said she found out she was dating a royal when she saw him on a television programme about Prince William.

Kelly was raised Roman Catholic, but became a Protestant before the wedding. Under 300-year-old laws, a royal who marries a Catholic loses his claim to the throne.

Kelly was raised Roman Catholic, but became a Protestant before the wedding. Under 300-year-old laws, a royal who marries a Catholic loses his claim to the throne

does that mean us catholics can withhold some of our taxes that help pay for these paracites

Well, if she's willing to give up her faith to marry a royal I don't think she's any great loss to catholicism.

The really disturbing thing about that report is the selling of the rights to "Hello". Just how tacky can you get? It just shows the depths to which the junior royals have sunk.

what is worse tho, them asking for the money, or the silly ***** for giving them the money for them photos. I don't blame them at all, if i was some D list celeb or a Royal no body knows and gets offered than much for some pics, i would snap there hand off.
we live in a world where people are obsessed with how these royals, hollywood actors live and it's just sad. These magazines like heat, hello to name but a few are just complete crap and i should know cos the wife bloody buys them.
There is more to the world than wanting to know how much Angelina Jolie is spending on her a new house in nepal. Who gives a rats turd

no whats wrong with this country is that it aint a level play field . we have no choice but to pay tax to keep this lot in luxuary but 35% of the people living in britian are classed as a second class by a system ran by church and goverment

no whats wrong with this country is that it aint a level play field . we have no choice but to pay tax to keep this lot in luxuary but 35% of the people living in britian are classed as a second class by a system ran by church and goverment

the country isnt run by church and government.
its run by a democratically elected government.
if you dont like it use your vote.

No m8 he doesnt like Royalty full stop.

lol he doesnt like Britain full stop.
afaik he lives in Northern Ireland but refuses to recognise that Northern Ireland is actually British lol.

heres some info ****ryboy... if you move south by maybe 100 miles you'll no longer be living under the Union Flag m8.

i'm sure you County Antrim wont miss one bigot

i have a house there m8 . we call it a hoilday home. now your just boring me now . so instead of me replying to your posts im just going to put you on the ignore list . see that way i can ignore you and ignore your stupid pms. ok my wee mucker .

i have a house there m8 . we call it a hoilday home. now your just boring me now . so instead of me replying to your posts im just going to put you on the ignore list . see that way i can ignore you and ignore your stupid pms. ok my wee mucker .

nice 1 bigot..
ps you pm'ed me pmsl

ma maws got a hoiliday home there as well .. wee cottage near cork.
worth about £45

Last edited:
as far as I know, there was also a public gallery. I am certain they wouldnt force you to covert to CoE just to get in, so that would reduce the amount of discrimination... And also, if you ever find yourself in love with a member of the royal family and want to get married, I am sure this is a question you could raise with them at the time.

As for me, I am just glad to see that the royal family is using its noodle for once. This is a regular couple in a regular relationship getting married because they love eachother - that cannot be a bad thing, surely?

It may seem trivial to some but I can see Countryboy's point.

It's time this antiquated religious discrimination was dropped.

ban all religions, itll be a hell of a lot easier

at the end of the day, people are people no matter what they believe in, and in the end everyone dies

live life, stop moaning over crap and be happy

Isn't there also some crazy rule that the Prime Minister can never be a Catholic?

Look at Tony Blair, he had to wait until his term in office was finished before becoming a Catholic, this country has a few issues to sort out.

Like countryboy says, if the rule was 'no blacks' then there would be an uproar, but 'no Catholics' is acceptable!!?

thanks witchy . that was a good read .

i loved this quote from one of thier readers

"I suppose Brown would find Catholics an easy target for discrimination. Certainly easier than Muslims."

to true only only scotland mr brown thier are millions of us and you keep pushing you will lose your seats .....

just goes to show the distcrimination is rigth to the core of brittish politics ..hell aybe we should put tea towels round our faces wear tents for clothes and then we will gets the same rights as everyone else

It may seem trivial to some but I can see Countryboy's point.

It's time this antiquated religious discrimination was dropped.

I have to agree Hamba........... this country is no different to to any other when it comes down to religious opinions and divide

Back