Bloody Book Club

denis

Inactive User
Reaction score
can any one help recieved free book from book club what is the best way to avoid membership may have mistakenly asked for details over net now they require payment of £2.99 within 10 days there phone no is an 0852 number so i suspect a scam regarding price of call caqnnot contact via email until account is activated i have written to them via recorded dellivery has anyone had experience of the meathod required when dealing with these arseholes

Return the book via recorded delivery. The parcel will have a return address if not delivered, use that address. Insert a letter saying who you are and that you no longer wish to be a member of the book club , please cancel my membership.

That will be it ..but keep the recorded delivery stubb for 6 months just in case!

Return the book via recorded delivery. The parcel will have a return address if not delivered, use that address. Insert a letter saying who you are and that you no longer wish to be a member of the book club , please cancel my membership.

That will be it ..but keep the recorded delivery stubb for 6 months just in case!

thanks for that info tallywadger i did write to them the day after the parcel arrived
via recorded dellivery more or less saying that but asking when they were picking up the book it cost me a sqid they are so hard to get hold of i think it is rip off you cannot use email untill you have activated the account by sending them £2.99 for there special offer which you did not want i will wait and see what happens thanks again for your input.
ps they dellivered on sunday while i was out

Hmm. since you've already written to them, best bet is just to wait for their response, no response - keep the book, but I'm sure they'll be in touch heh heh. I take it you never gave them bank details or anything initially? good! then they will have to chase you for the money rather than you chasing them to return book! ;-0 Offer at every stage to let them uplift their book or send a freepost addressed label so you can return it to them.. If you tell them you do not want it and its up to them to uplift it then after 6 months ownership of the book will legally fall to you...

Hmm. since you've already written to them, best bet is just to wait for their response, no response - keep the book, but I'm sure they'll be in touch heh heh. I take it you never gave them bank details or anything initially? good! then they will have to chase you for the money rather than you chasing them to return book! ;-0 Offer at every stage to let them uplift their book or send a freepost addressed label so you can return it to them.. If you tell them you do not want it and its up to them to uplift it then after 6 months ownership of the book will legally fall to you...

thanks for that tellywager i will wait for there response it would be worth the postage to get rid of them it is very strange that you can loose out finanacially on something that you did not request thanks again for the input
best regards denis

Back