Blocky streaming to PC

mistykmike

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi, I'm using Enigma 1.6.1 image and although streaming is excellent on most channels some are very blocky. Over the last few weeks I've followed all the guides including other images. The problem channels seem to be of lower resolution like Eurosport and UKGold. I did experience traffic collision on my network hub but I now connect direct to router. Any comments welcome from an excellent forum.

Hi, I'm using Enigma 1.6.1 image and although streaming is excellent on most channels some are very blocky. Over the last few weeks I've followed all the guides including other images. The problem channels seem to be of lower resolution like Eurosport and UKGold. I did experience traffic collision on my network hub but I now connect direct to router. Any comments welcome from an excellent forum.

Hi. I cannot give You a big help except that, that connection is OK, through hub or direct ( as You see Yourself ) because it's not possible that You have few blocky channels and all other are good ( so it doesn't any reference with Your connection ) . In case that connection is bad, You will probably have all channels blocky.

Nothing can be done about blockiness. Virgin have recently dropped the resolution and bandwidth of a number of channels, and the video quality is in no way being altered by streaming to your PC. PC monitors, partiicularly TFT ones, do tend to highlight image quality issues much more than a regular CRT TV set as well.

Back