[Atmosphere / Rainx] Blocking updates.

TheWash

Reaction score
A quick question if I may :)
I have put "emummc.txt" into atmosphere hosts and was wondering if that was enough. I need to connect the switch to my WIFI to use my phone as a Mic and I'm a little worried about getting a ban :rolleyes:

i use the hosts file as well but you can do a DNS as well , bit of a double protection

But for as a know your hosts will be fine anyway and block all updates in CFW

163.172.141.219​
207.246.121.77​

Last edited:
i use the hosts file as well but you can do a DNS as well , bit of a double protection

163.172.141.219​
207.246.121.77​
Yeah. I saw the DNS90 thing. Thats an option to consider at the moment but I may want to play online with sysnand inthe future. Would that option not prevent that in sysnand?

If you want to apply the DNS redirection to sysmmc instead of emummc, rename the file to sysmmc.txt

Never tried playing a game online my self

If it's like the old 3ds every game has it's Owen ID and you could spook it with a program , but good question will have a look into it a bit more

But if it's a original game and boot into OFW you would still have to go onto Nintendo server and might have to take a firmware update to play !!!!!!!!

For Switch games themselves, Nintendo also uses encrypted certificates to verify that the game in question is legitimate when connecting online. In the case of physical game cards, that certificate is a unique

Last edited:
This looks a good Read up

People are saying you can play original games online in sysnand using Hekate
but you could still get banned as some parts on your sd card can be spotted

Plus you will have to take a firmware update if not on the correct one to play online

And you will have to wait for atmosphere to hack it again to insert the payload with TegraRcmGUI on future updates

You never know what Nintendo could do to spoil the fun for the future in the next firmware update ?

Last edited:
I wouldn't try and play online with anything other than an original game. I'll prolly never play online but I'd rather have the option to just in case I ever did decide to :cool:

Original games only

Some say Incognito with DNS90 and quite a few say don't ?

If you get banned you still can update your CFW in emuNAND but a more work to do it

Last edited:
Original games only

Some say Incognito with DNS90 and quite a few say don't ?

If you get banned you still can update your CFW in emuNAND but a more work to do it
I'm on 13.1.0 at the minute so I should be Ok for a while yet. If I do decide to do the online thing I'll just swap sd card and keep the two entities completely separate :)
Thanks for all the info bud 👍

Back