Other Blocking flyout media players

Spectre

Administrator
Staff member
Jnr Admin
Reaction score
My time is precious, too precious to be constantly closing flyout media players when I'm browsing at work :).

These are the videos that appear to the bottom right when, for example, you're watching a YT video and then click back to the YT homepage and the video continues to play in a smaller floating format.

Does anyone know how to block the YT one? I don't know enough about CSS to be able to tell from the object inspector what I should be adding to AdBlock.

Here's one I do know of:

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

That sort of thing :).

I use chrome with the Ublock origin extention. I get no ads or flyout vids on youtube, gets rid of embedded ads too, but can't block the daily mail ones for some reason.

I tried pihole but that didnt block anywhere as near as much as ublock origin (there are a few rip off ublock extentions in the chrome store but the only official one is ublock origin, the others collect data from you to sell).

ublock kills a lot of ads from many websites, plus you can pick indevidual componants of a website to block if it can't do it automatically.

I use chrome with the Ublock origin extention. I get no ads or flyout vids on youtube, gets rid of embedded ads too, but can't block the daily mail ones for some reason.

I tried pihole but that didnt block anywhere as near as much as ublock origin (there are a few rip off ublock extentions in the chrome store but the only official one is ublock origin, the others collect data from you to sell).

ublock kills a lot of ads from many websites, plus you can pick indevidual componants of a website to block if it can't do it automatically.

ABP on Firefox stops all ads on the Mail for me with the standard block list.

I think the YT one might need some of these added but I'm not too sure what I'd doing with it.

Code:

As Captin says ublock is the current favourite, adblock used to be good but they started letting things through if You are willing to pay I've heard.

As Captin says ublock is the current favourite, adblock used to be good but they started letting things through if You are willing to pay I've heard.

I did notice an increase in ads over the time I've used it, ones which would be obvious to block.

Thanks @Captin and @sneaker, uBlock now installed on Firefox and I'm not getting badgered by floating media :).

Last edited:
ABP on Firefox stops all ads on the Mail for me with the standard block list.

I think the YT one might need some of these added but I'm not too sure what I'd doing with it.

Code:

I used to use Ad Block Plus for quite a while until I found out thet they were taking money to allow adds through.

There are several version of ublock but only the origin version is released by the original writer, the others are not worth the download.

Back