Block adverts on all devices

Has anybody tried this.
Does it slow down your internet speeds
Thanks .... Paul

Did you log into the router and do it that way.
Cheers mate ...Paul

Check the video it shows you how to change your DNS server addresses

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Yes seen that mate.
Just wanted to know,if op had changed in router ,or on devices.......Paul

I have not changed dns on my router but changed the dns on my laptop and iphone and has worked fine. @plasterer

Can you do this on an Android phone? I've got to the Select Private DNS Mode screen, but it won't accept the IP numbers in the video. It wants a Provider Hostname? :)

This seems like a good idea.
Pity it doesnt block ads on youtube, this is why I use ublock origin in my browser as it block everything but allows you to whitelist sites that you want to support by turning off your blocking.

Just done this on the router and it seems to work so far. just a tad slower but I can live with that compared
to all they adverts every where you browse, that's just on the sites with the ads I may add, every other site
seems to be a bit faster for some reason. 👍

Last edited:
I'm actually getting more adverts now using this DNS than I was getting using Ublock origin, especially on sites like twitter and facebook.

I did put this in my router but it seems like my router won't let me take out the ISP DNS settings. So I put this DNS in my PC instead.

I have to wonder how good this adguard DNS is when they are quite clearly selling adbock services and apps as well, perhaps you have to pay to get a better service.

Just a little update on my findings so far with this.

The wife has reported that when watching catch up tv the adverts have stopped interrupting the programme, it just
plays constantly like you've got the ITV hub+ which they charge £3.99 a month for, downside is you cant pause or
fast forward or rewind the programme, no big deal if you've already had a piss and made a cuppa but if you stop
it you have to start from the beginning again. 👍 :)

Back