blisters, how to heal them

pops1a

Inactive User
Reaction score
I need help and advice on getting rid of blisters. I have been walking every day for about six months now and in the last couple of months started to get blisters on my heals. Some times the pain gets too much when I'm walking and I have to slow down and adjust my feet in unnatural positions to avoid putting weight on the blisters, which is causing stiffness in my leg muscles. My blisters start off clear and become dark and may recede in size but don't clear completely. My worry is all the blisters will lead to the skin rupturing and creating more problems. I want to continue walking as it's taken me a long time to build up to walking daily. Any tips on this annoying problem would be greatly appreciated.

If you're walking regularly and still getting blisters, you need to rethink the footware that you're using.

Thanks, I've been using karrimore walking shoes and also tried trainers but same problem. what do you recommend as suitable footwear for walking.

many moons ago when i was into soul music i used to get blisters what iused to do was burst them open and spray with a anti deodrant it stings like mad at first drys and hardens the blister straight away

Thanks, I've been using karrimore walking shoes and also tried trainers but same problem. what do you recommend as suitable footwear for walking.

Try something from the Hi-tec range mate, i used to be in the armed forces and used hi-tec magnums... they are boots but feel like your wearing trainers.. very comfy fit and very supportive if you happen to twist ya foot.

http://www.surplusandoutdoors.com/ishop/877/shopscr2335.html

These are the ones I still have, (Hi Tec 'Classic Cen' Fabric and Leather Military Combat Boot (M439A) )

M439A.jpg

A freind of my was told to put some methylated spirit on his blisters.

We were on the West Highland Way and his feet were in some state and almost emediatly the blisters dryied up and never came back, he was tender for the next few days but was walking well. I do not think I would try this if the skin is broken.

I would aldo have to agree about your footware, if after this time you still have blisters, I would look at getting some advise about boots and also your socks, this can also be important. Two thin pair could take away some of the rubbing, the inside pair hug the feet and the second takes the movement of the boots.

many moons ago when i was into soul music i used to get blisters what iused to do was burst them open and spray with a anti deodrant it stings like mad at first drys and hardens the blister straight away

Thanks, but is it safe to burst them? Isn't their a risk of infection? What's the best way to burst them? I did prick them with a needle but no luck.

Thanks, but is it safe to burst them? Isn't their a risk of infection? What's the best way to burst them? I did prick them with a needle but no luck.
you can burst them, Just make sure you clean the are BEFORE with sterile wipes and AFTER agian with sterile wipes..

Best to burst them I think as they dry up quicker and heal faster. They only burst on there own anyway over time.

dig the needle in a bit more mate, the skin ontop of the blister should be pretty senceless sensation wise... :)

HTH

you can burst them, Just make sure you clean the are BEFORE with sterile wipes and AFTER agian with sterile wipes..

Best to burst them I think as they dry up quicker and heal faster. They only burst on there own anyway over time.

dig the needle in a bit more mate, the skin ontop of the blister should be pretty senceless sensation wise... :)

HTH

make sure you burst them good nothing worse than a blister filling up again in the army myself,go to an out door shop and get a good pair of socks and start using a pedament foot powder you'll be grand

We were on the West Highland Way and his feet were in some state and almost emediatly the blisters dryied up and never came back, he was tender for the next few days but was walking well. I do not think I would try this if the skin is broken.

I would aldo have to agree about your footware, if after this time you still have blisters, I would look at getting some advise about boots and also your socks, this can also be important. Two thin pair could take away some of the rubbing, the inside pair hug the feet and the second takes the movement of the boots.

Thanks, You may be right about socks as I've been using thin everyday use socks. Would a thicker pair be better or do think 2 thinner ones?

Thanks, You may be right about socks as I've been using thin everyday use socks. Would a thicker pair be better or do think 2 thinner ones?

Id say yes with socks, Two thin pairs will rub together with movement creating friction even if your not aware of it :)

Go to a store like Millets, Army and Navy or others like them mate... they will have thick walking socks. I think asda had some as well, although id give them a miss :) lol

Listening to Soul Music gave you blisters?!!

:)

no i was into northern soul hence iused to dance a lot at tht allnighters etc

no i was into northern soul hence iused to dance a lot at tht allnighters etc

Glad you explained that. for a minute i thought you had blisters in your ears:banana:

Using Meths dries up the blisters on its one, no need to burst them and therefore no chance on infection, I was advised to use 2 pair of socks on e thin and a thick pair also use good boots, never had a blister with this method.

Back