Blamo repo closes

Funnily enough I sold a belt drive turntable today, so I thought I would try out an old Aiwa tape deck and that is in need of new belts I feel, as it was FFW and RW'ing incredibly slowly and wouldn't play at all.

Funnily enough I sold a belt drive turntable today, so I thought I would try out an old Aiwa tape deck and that is in need of new belts I feel, as it was FFW and RW'ing incredibly slowly and wouldn't play at all.

My dad has a Sanyo Betamax with a dodgy belt LOL.

I think it's the same one:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I don't know much about VCRs or I'd refurb it. It's one of my "antiques of the future" :).

Certainly over here they became rare as vhs won the battle, A friend of mine had a Sony one for a while, but soon switched as tape price and film availability was far better on vhs.
I would keep it if I was you, it could be worth Dollars for your grand kids one day :)

Look at vinyl You couldn't give it away 10 years ago, today I got £200 for my turntable and that was letting it go cheap.

Certainly over here they became rare as vhs won the battle, A friend of mine had a Sony one for a while, but soon switched as tape price and film availability was far better on vhs.
I would keep it I was you, it could be worth dollars for your grand kids one day :)

Look at vinyl You couldn't give it away 10 years ago, today I £200 for my turntable and that was letting it go cheap.

Yep, I've sold, given away or refused stuff which I regret.

That Atari ST 1024FM with all accessories, one owner, £50, last year haunts me. He literally chucked it in a skip because I thought it was a bit steep, until I looked on eBay. I could have made room for it.

I'm not even interested in selling things now, more interested in repair, refurbishment and learning something about the technology while doing it.

Don't let the Mrs here that she'll be packing all My stuff and sending it You.

The Mrs likes trying to shelve My stuff in the wheelie bin, I'm very often found routing in it before bin day.

Talking of retro, I've still got a slightly faulty Philip's Lazer Disc player. The disks are as big as an LP and you had ti turn it over half way lol

Talking of retro, I've still got a slightly faulty Philip's Lazer Disc player. The disks are as big as an LP and you had ti turn it over half way lol

I remember seeing Das Boot available for that, was it in HMV?

Also first post on new phone 😀.

I remember seeing Das Boot available for that, was it in HMV?

Also first post on new phone 😀.
Lol, I've git The Warriors, An Eye For An Eye and some Kevin Kegan training session lol
I once posessed a video disc player which had a sort of stylus, which touched the disc (looked like vinyl) ive still got a load of films, but the player has left the building. :)

Over the last several weeks, ive happened across (in work) an old mechanical Ferguson Videostar, a Video2000 and a Umatic. Trouble was, the were all battered up (gutted) :)

It was working for Me last night, has it gone down?

Mines down, gutted. Hopefully it isn't another takedown.

Just had a look around, apparently the Dev is aware, and working on it.

Last edited:
It was working for Me last night, has it gone down?

Mines down, gutted. Hopefully it isn't another takedown.

Just had a look around, apparently the Dev is aware, and working on it.

Do you know if there is any 24/7 channels on DeathStar?

Do you mean live channels? if so look in DNA. Devastation has a 24/7 section.

Back