Blackcat cable

kaks

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi guys

I made a blackat cable the one with 5 resistors and it does not work .
I used a usb cable for 5v power supply.
The chip i used was 74ls244n .

Has someone made a working blackcat cable if u have can u please tell me which chip and diagram they used?

Cheers

Heres a diagram m8 for the cable :D if u look on the top right i think of that chip in the centre its the number of the chip u need ok?

Yes i can confirm that that diagram works 100%.
You have also got to use the ground(black wire) from the usb as well.
If you printed out or maybe your screen is naff but pin 11 on the db 25 is very faint.
Pin 1 and 10 on the chip are shorted(ie a wire from one to the other.
I bet you a tenner you missed something.

You should have 13 wires coming from the pins from the db25. if not you missed something.
Check it like ten times.

:D lol name750 ur turning into a mad scientist haha :D good on ya tho it gives me a headache or i would try theres just no way im paying tcniso any cahs coz i know where it goes ;@) and its not good

Thanks for the replies

I have followed the picture exactly but no luck maybe my chip is dead as this is the 3rd attempt on making the circuit i will try a full rebuid .

Also is pin 23 on the db 25 male connected to ground

is pin 23 on the db 25 male connected to ground?

This is the one thats reported as working by quite a few peepsnon the Shack it's been discovered that 5v and gnd are not needed for the Blackcat to work

Pin 23 is not ground.
It goes to pin 19 on the chip.
Big balls. I made the other diagram for the black cat.
I think it might be more simple.
Remeber all the trouble i had.
So desperate i ordered it from tcniso.
I made three all told.
As soon as i applied the ground and 5v from usb.
Bang it worked fist time??? If you could the 100th time first.

im gunna do the pin 11 mod in about 5 mins and see if its ok like ;) its saturday aint gotta be up 2moz i can have a fiddle while i watch a movie :D

thanks for the reply guys ill try that.
Also when i install the blackat software it says
"IO.Sys is installed but not accesable"
ive read up more into this and even the original blackat has these problems with some pcs.Its gotto do with the com port configuration in the bios and also maybe in windows.I read this on tcniso website that u need to change the com port settings to bidirectional. The thread i read was in german i think, i used babble fish to translate it but was still a bit unclear.

http://www.tcniso.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2771&highlight=io+sys

ntl hacking

can any one tell me were to get a hack for the ntl cable modems thanks:BLOBBY:

Just to make it even more confusing.
Thsi link http://el8.org/projects.shtml
Says :
- Make sure your parallel port is set to ECP 0x378 in the BIOS.
- Backup your current firmware before flashing SIGMAX-1.06 RC4.
It's the opposite to the settings for a willem(it would)
I did this before i got the blackcat working.
The blackcat works!!!
My modems don't
Poxy c**ting,stupid, f**king ,w*nk*ng, f**king ,surfboard
who needs 10MB/s anyway......??????
ME!

Hi i been doin alot of reading and testing of the lpt port and also relating it to the circuit.

pins 1,6,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16 are all +5v.

U shud not really need a external power supply as there are plenty 5v supplies in the lpt port itself but however if u are not getting enough voltage to the circuit for example 4.3v instead of 5v+ a external or a usb voltage may be needed.

So theorectically if u are using an external or usb 5v supply u shud not need to connect pins 10,11,12,13,15 from the db25 male to pin 20 . Instead leave 10,11,12,13,15 on the db25 male alone and connect a direct 5v supply to pin 20 on the chip

Voltage shortage on the lpt port could be coz of motherboard design or a low wattage or a over loaded power supply

I stick the thing up my *rse if i thought it would get the bloody modem to work!
Nah! i take that back.
In my ear and go ting -aling-aloo!
Oh i see what you mean looking at my diagram.
It's burned into my brain.
I got mark II here i might cut the 5v wires and just use the usb ti see if that works.
So does that mean you could also leave some of the earth pins as well if you use usb?
Maybe they make it look more complicated than it is to make it more mysterious.
So bugs like me end up forking out 40 bucks!!!

i still cant get this to work . i think its a pc issue.

Btw. name750 did u try removing the othe 5v supply off the lpt connector

wheres the best place to buy all the parts to make the cable?and whats all the parts description or part number thanx

You only need the chip 74ls244.
sorry i can't rember where i got it . Just did a search on google.
All the other parts you can get at maplins.
It's a bit akward what circuit board to use
I got a 20 pin socket to plug the chip into just incase i cooked it.
I tell you what if i get the damn modem working i'll take the time to make a tut with a little vid to show it's not all that hard.

Have'nt cut those wires to the 5v yet.
I'm sticking with the one i got working.

trying a different bios at the moment to see if that get's the damn thing going
Oh yeah??
Has anyone else noticed what funny f*ck*rs work in Maplins?
Not all of them, but a large percentage?

name750, sounds like your almost there. If you can talk to the modem via the lpt port and your jtag board, that proves they are ok. Just need to look at the images being put on the modem, are they ok, maybe worth trying another image download. Stick with it, your giving us a luagh along the way

cheers

Darrenw

I stopped laughing 4 days ago.
From advice from some good blokes on here i've changed the firmware to SB5100_NOSH.bin got the motorola internal page luvly. Still wont go online.

I thought i would get access to the members area when i got my blackcat lite,but i noticed on the site you only get that with the full package or am i wrong.
Thier forum is b*llocks otherwise.
There's something wrong and i can only think i got three dud modems??
None of the recieve or send lights online flash?
I put a search in from my problem on the tcniso forum and all i get is a guy who wants to change his modem light to blue!!!
I wish i had lights that would just light up.
I'm going on the p*ss now!
Maybe that will make them work?

Back