Blackcat cable help building

b3nnyb0y

Banned
Reaction score
i just went to maplins bought the chip i need well i got 2 some circuit board like to solder it onto 5 x 100ohm resistors some pin strips like what else do i need? and like where do i start im a bit stuck on wtf to do here so if someone could help that would be great ty :Cheers: i have a usb cable i can use as well

well done benny i'm proud of you.
did you get a parallel male socket as well and you need a parallel cable.
That picture with the fxd?? something and the scribled writing saying blackcat jtag is the easyest.
i found it easyer to print it off.
You can write on the paper numbers.
I also found it helpfull to talk out loud to myself as i did it.
"Pin one.....goes to pin fiiiive.....pin 10.....goes to pin se..ven.
If you got the parallel socket it has the pins numbered as the diagram.
They might look different in the picture as thats the opposite side on the parallel socket.
Then check it again as i made thre mistakes.
Cut off the end of your usb.
It's the only easy bit...red is 5v and black is earth. they go where it says in the jpeg.
I'm busy this week so i dont think i'll get to sort out my spare.
And remember if you break it...( surfboard)you can keep it as a family aireloom
from one generation to the next of the bennyboy family tree!
Good luck
Keep the panadol handy!

Last edited:
rofl m8 i need more than pandol fs i think i need some heroin anyone got a syriange oO pmpl :D and maybe some crack thrown in as well for good measure and i should be fine m8 rofl

b3nnyb0y said:
rofl m8 i need more than pandol fs i think i need some heroin anyone got a syriange oO pmpl :D and maybe some crack thrown in as well for good measure and i should be fine m8 rofl

Its wee buns, youll be ok

I got the wrong board i bought some like light golden colour shite oO i didnt get the 25 pin male thing either lmao i just woke up and went to maplins like rofl :D
I got a nice soldering iron tho for like £3.99

3.99!!!
Yeah i bet it's lovely.

You got to plug it in somewhere!!!
No don't got there!?

Gold thing???
If it's got hole in it then you can use it.
Is it metal coated on one side?

I made my first one with no board and cut the parallel cable in the middle to attach the wires.
I bet it would have work if i had realised what the 5v and earth ment.
It looked like a ball of wool.
Oh yeah, you can get a socket to solder on the board to plug the chip into incase you cook the chip.
What's the betting you get it made before that tcniso one turns up.
It must be a month since i ordered it.
Maybe the boat it was in sunk with derengel rowing?

Jtag?

excuse me if i am wrong i but the blackcat cable looks preety much the same as the jtag I use for samy and 4010 boxes, have a surfboard that i would like to have a go at but need the cable to get me going. can I use the existing jatg that i use for digi box?

I had a file somewhere and could'nt work out what it ment at fist.
Then i realised it said what wire was what.
You know trst rxtd ??? i don't know shit like that.
the blackcat i think is a bit of a gimmick.
If you knew what was what i bet you could use something else.
A guy told me how to make it with a ribbon cable but he was to clever for me and i could'nt understand what he was going on about.
what is the jtag you got called by the way.
An while i'm at it someone needs to jtag up them ambits.
Lifting tsop is a load of sh*t!

dvdvideo said:
excuse me if i am wrong i but the blackcat cable looks preety much the same as the jtag I use for samy and 4010 boxes, have a surfboard that i would like to have a go at but need the cable to get me going. can I use the existing jatg that i use for digi box?

I wondered this too, also wondered if not , where can i buy a working blackcat cable for a sb 5100e ? Not got time or steady hands to make one.

http://www.tcniso.net/index.php
this is where you can get the real thing.
I'm trying to find an alternative for all you guys.
I'm sure there must be but i need a bit more information before i can be sure.
I bought a jtag from ebay(i might never turn up) it only cost 5 pounds but i'll test it before i'll say it will work.

The one from tcniso is neat but it;s a bit pricey for what it is and you will have to wait a month for it to turn up. Inless you pay even more for postage.

name750 said:
http://www.tcniso.net/index.php
this is where you can get the real thing.
I'm trying to find an alternative for all you guys.
I'm sure there must be but i need a bit more information before i can be sure.
I bought a jtag from ebay(i might never turn up) it only cost 5 pounds but i'll test it before i'll say it will work.

The one from tcniso is neat but it;s a bit pricey for what it is and you will have to wait a month for it to turn up. Inless you pay even more for postage.
I got a jtag off ebay too, and a serial cable wired with a plug for hyperterminalying to NTL:200 modems.
Shame i cant find a blackcat on ther ethough, would be nice to find a UK source rather than wait one month for postage.

i just emailed a guy to see if he could work one out.
Tailor made circiuts do jtags with multiple pogo connectors. Never actually seen one but think you can plug them into jtag holes as need be.
But that's the infromation i'm looking for.
I had it at one time but it was'nt ver clear and i did'nt know what i was looking at.
I explained what the points on the sb5100 where. So with that information you could use any suitable jtag.

Hi
This is an old schematic for the blackcat cable I found for some time ago. It shows how to make the cable without the chip and any resistors.

I built it and it worked just fine with my sb5100e, but there's a risk of damaging your motherboard if you do it wrong.

ohh u can use jtag on sb5100i kool i even orderd a blackcat from tcniso i guess i wont cancel it cuz blackcat always better.. i got 2 jtags the one where u solder and the pogo from tmc solderless i ant got soldering equipment yet. so im gonna use pogo but how would it connect dont tell u gotta hold it in position using one hand lol..

So can you explain what goes where.
On the sb5100 pcb plaese

kool theres whole where u just insert the endings to but now im wondering how would u connect pogo to a pace di4010-n guess i will pst about that in the digital area lol cuz them pace box dont have whole just circles.. thanks got sb has wholes lol i shall give it a shot tommorow wish me luck man..

This is the jtag i bought from ebay.
I'm sure i can use it as a blackcat.
It only cost £8 including the post.
It did take a while to come from bulgaria,but i'm happy i got it.
It's really well made and it has a ribbon cable with a socket to plug into it.
What do you guys think.
I'm gonna experiment when i got the time,but if you got any ideas as to the connections on the sb5100 can you let me know.
Also is there any way i could use it for the ambits???#
cheers!.................

Back