Mobile Phones Blackberry v Iphone

langland

Elite Member
Reaction score
Am looking to get one or the other.
Does anyone have any strong opininions for or against

Most important is speed of operation when on the internet.

Thanks in advance

I recently got a Blackberry Curve 8320 with Wifi.

and that used with Opera mini browser is excellent, surfing, e-mailing, downloading, watching stuff on youtube is simple and fast.

And there is no way a touchscreen can compete with a Qwerty keyboard for speed.

I recently got a Blackberry Curve 8320 with Wifi.

and that used with Opera mini browser is excellent, surfing, e-mailing, downloading, watching stuff on youtube is simple and fast.

And there is no way a touchscreen can compete with a Qwerty keyboard for speed.

We're away to get Blackberry's at work. We got the choice between the Curve or Pearl, I've went for the pearl as it's slightly narrower but the downside is that it doesn't have the full qwerty keypad like the Curve.

One of my mates has got an iPhone and isn't impressed with it at all.

Yer it is indeed, a mate had a pearl before it got nicked lol.

Also works very well, once you get used to it.

I absolutely love my iphone, had it 6 months now and still pick it up every time I have a spare minute just like the first week with any new tech.

I'll concede the keyboard isn't as efficient as somebody who can go crazy on a full qwerty keyboard but that doesn't really bother me.

Once it is jailbroken the sky is the limit with all it's possibilities, I think the only thing I've not rectified from the iphones stock flaws is the camera, being only 2mp, other than that I find email, internet, texting and use a breeze.

Both my parents have Blackberrys and had to play with the to teach them how to use them, the pearl I hated but does exactly what it says on the tin, email, phone text, the Bold I prefer and I'm blown away by the screen quality but lack of wifi is a pain in the ass.

For me, neither can touch the iphone for functionality, does everything a blackberry can do and more but depends what you want in a phone really.

If the basics are all you're after then I'll prob concede there isn't a lot between them.

For once, Apple don't lie on their new commercial when they say there is an app for everything, especially if you jailbreak.

Mate of mine has a blackberry pearl but he would prefer the iPhone only thing is the blackberry is a works phone but he prefers the iPhone to it

I personally would say iPhone

Its one of those there is no right or wrong its all about opinion

Am looking to get one or the other.
Does anyone have any strong opininions for or against

Most important is speed of operation when on the internet.

Thanks in advance

definatly a blackberry, ive tried the nokia not to impressed but i m interested in something i bit more..

Know a couple of people with blackberrys and they're not keen on them. I love my iPhone, had it since Christmas and has been said before once jailbroken the sky really is the limit as to what can be done with them.

Iphone all the way... I have a pearl (being the BES admind) I see the whole range of Blackberrys. Had a storm in today and it sucks big time! I personally have the ipod touch pretty much the same as an iphone and if I had the cash would invest. Be ideal if the touch had gps :(

Back