Mobile Phones blackberry - any one use one

dibbers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
was going to post in the mobile section but it's not really a topic for that, mate wants to sell me one - can you get them unlocked to work on 3 and what are the benefits of a blackberry?

i know you can get mail on them..... but i kinda like me n96 for all the stuff i have on it, ie, msn, satnav etc etc

Thanks

Seems to me best bit of blackberry is the push email - but you can do this on Nokia (can even get blackberry client if you want one.)
be sure that you have a decent data tariff if using push email or you could get caught out.

I'm thinking about getting the nokia & 3 do an offer for £35/month with unlimited downloads.

I'd try the blackberry if poss & see whether you like it any better than the Nokia.

on the n96 i have to pay to send and receive e-mail, so then i'm thinking it might not be worth it....love the n96....

i'll have a look at it and see what it's about.

what's the blackberry client? for the nokia?

you would still need blackberry set up by your network, which will cost and then they will try and make you use a blackberry handset.

There is no downloadable client for the N96 at the present time, and I sincerely doubt Nokia would ever make one available as it is a media phone.

I made a thread about push email for the N96 the other day - I cant find it just now, but if you do a quick search you will be able to locate it.

I have a Pearl for work and really don't like it....They are bringing out a new Blackberry Storm that looks nice, very much like the iPhone. Hopefully when I get the Storm, I might change my mind about Blackberry!

Ive got the curve and love it. Though its a little bit bigger, the full qwerty keyboard means that you can knock together emails and texts so much faster. What I would say about phones with touchscreens is that touchscreens are slow and a lot less intuitive to use than your standard buttons.

With a blackberry everyone can get you all the time. I got offered one by work but I refused it. For that reason.

I was given one by work specifically for that reason. I, like may of my colleagues, played with it a bit and then left it in the desk drawer...

thanks guys, don't actually want to be able to be e-mailed from work if they new i had one so good call......thanks to everyone for there input.

I would rather use a windows based PDA but you need to find one that has ehough cpu and rom/ram to run it properly.

Back