*black screen yet mouse and ctr+alt+del works

dibbers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
chaps wtf?

when i boot my pc up i see the desktop for about 8 seconds and then it hides it's self....i can see the mouse and i can also get ctr+alt+del to work.

Logged into using logmein and i can see the black screen again and the mouse and the little box that says this computer is being controlled.

Tried it in safe mode and it's the same....please god let it not happen to me.....i can't handle it.

Last edited:
explorer.exe does not seem to be running?

go to apps tab then new task button and type in 'explorer.exe' then enter and see what happens

it keeps working and then shutting down again......? i can see my desktop come back and then it disappears again......but well spotted just have to find out why it's closing down ????

yeah looking in proceses i see it at the top and then it gets shut down again......

ive got a bloody worm or summit haven't i, keeps shutting imapi.exe down as well.....

: vundo trojan. restarts explorer.exe and imapi.exe. makes desktop icons and taskbar disappear.

Latest posts about this are a few days ago....according to some sites on the net.

looks like virus, trojan, spyware - have you done 'last known good config' from f8, or system restore?

also google each of them processes to see if there are any rogue ones, try run msconfig to see if there is out dodgy in their

Last edited:
No point in doing a system restore as there nomarlly hiding in your system volume and stuff.

Id disable system restore then go about removing it proparly

ah man, this is a night mare, I'm normally protected and have nod running, it warned me before when i...wait for it...opened an exe.....yes i know you can throw rotten tomatoes at me.......bloody hell......

I'm running nod again but it doesn't look like it's found it. any suggestions?

vundo sucks had it on my lappy, used spyware doctor, worked a treat!

but never had your problems? safe mode worked fine, unless new stains are out.

mate i can't, can't even bring my self to think about it...really.....i can't.....years worth of configuration settings.......

wot about a repair install m8 ?

Configure your computer to start from the CD-ROM drive. For more information about how to do this, please refer to your computer's documentation or contact your computer manufacturer.

Insert your Windows XP compact disc (CD) into your CD-ROM drive or DVD-ROM drive, and then restart your computer.

(You can also boot with a Windows 98/Me Startup disk with CD support and run WINNT.EXE in the I386 folder on the CD)

When the "Press any key to boot from CD" message is displayed on your screen, press a key to start your computer from the Windows XP CD.

When you see the following message displayed on the Welcome to Setup screen, press ENTER:

To setup Windows XP now, press ENTER.

At this point an option to press R to enter the Recovery Console is displayed. Do not select this option.

On the Windows XP Licensing Agreement screen, press F8 to agree to the license agreement.

Make sure that your current installation of Windows XP is selected in the box, and then press the R key to repair Windows XP.

Follow the instructions on the screen to complete Setup.

Last edited:
salvage what you can and start again. it usually saves time in the long run.

i usually image my primary partition every week to avoid such things

why do people still create virus's, Trojan's etc that is so 90's, what does it achieve?

oh man this is doing my head in..... i got into safe mode and managed to download vundofix which removed 4 out of 5 traces it's left this little bitch TuvsQonf.dll which it will not remove, now i can't get back into safe mode and when i get back into normal windows that reinstates the other parts of the dam thing thus loosing the desktop again............arggggggggggggggggg

mate i can't, can't even bring my self to think about it...really.....i can't.....years worth of configuration settings.......

years of config settings ? fcuk i wipe my pc and put all the software I use back on in about 2 hours.

Im so glad im a basic pc user lol.

have you not got another hard drive you could use the virus one as a slave it might be easier to retrive some of your stuff.:FRIGHT:

Theres trojan remover 6.6 flying around newzgroups which is supposed to be the nuts mind ive never needed it.

Also spotmau is flying around this is the dogs bollox and will help you retrive files etc

i know man, i understand what your saying but it would take me ages to get back to any where near to where i am with this machine.

Man the list is endless to what i have installed on here, i have everything backed up on a external usb drive so I'm not worried that I'll loose any info, just can't bere the thought of re-installing the programs that i use on a daily basis.......

i know man, i understand what your saying but it would take me ages to get back to any where near to where i am with this machine.

Man the list is endless to what i have installed on here, i have everything backed up on a external usb drive so I'm not worried that I'll loose any info, just can't bere the thought of re-installing the programs that i use on a daily basis.......

No problem but youve already been on this post all day im sure if you had of got your head down youd be finished by now just a thought

Back