Black screen & mute err on AU

2old4this

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi can someone help i have spent 4 hours try to get it work using using fun4 card allway when i check the eng menu it shows card status Mute err, sometimes when i insert the card it sometimes says card faulty. all info on the files are correct as checked by someone on this forum. same card works ok on RST file:confused:
pure NTL 4001 box

2old4this said:
Hi can someone help i have spent 4 hours try to get it work using using fun4 card allway when i check the eng menu it shows card status Mute err, sometimes when i insert the card it sometimes says card faulty. all info on the files are correct as checked by someone on this forum. same card works ok on RST file:confused:
pure NTL 4001 box

Hi,

How are you writing the files to your card? and what programmer you using.

Satch said:
Hi,

How are you writing the files to your card? and what programmer you using.
I am using Millenium 4 programmer
crypthex2 - flash
crypthexeep- int eep
bin-hex - ext eep
also i have noticed it i use old flash file that use to program RSTfile card then i do not get mute err and i get £137.00 credit on AU card i trying to do but still the screen is blank

hope it makes sense

I had the same problem I spent a week trying to get it to work I eventually tried a different card I was using a funcard 5 that was working as a normal funcard but wouldn’t work as an au card but when I used a funcard 4 it worked first time I also tried the fun 5 in my mates box witch is a Sammy and it worked in that one as a au card so it’s worth trying another card if you got one it seems that some 4001 box’s don’t like version 5 cards hope this helps

gryfon99 said:
I had the same problem I spent a week trying to get it to work I eventually tried a different card I was using a funcard 5 that was working as a normal funcard but wouldn’t work as an au card but when I used a funcard 4 it worked first time I also tried the fun 5 in my mates box witch is a Sammy and it worked in that one as a au card so it’s worth trying another card if you got one it seems that some 4001 box’s don’t like version 5 cards hope this helps
i am using fun4 not fun 5

2old4this said:
I am using Millenium 4 programmer
crypthex2 - flash
crypthexeep- int eep
bin-hex - ext eep
also i have noticed it i use old flash file that use to program RSTfile card then i do not get mute err and i get £137.00 credit on AU card i trying to do but still the screen is blank

hope it makes sense

Hi,

Sorry I don't know that programmer, Have you tried writing the Exteep first, then the flash and then the inteep.
If you get mute error then, write the flash file again see what you get?

Back