Black screen at PC startup

Andy2807

New Member +
Reaction score
Hi, my PC screen turns black After bios screen logo, and won't go on. If I turn off and on the screen it runs into Windows. It's been doing this since i installed a Sapphire Rx580. Someone has experienced the same problem?

What power PSU do you have in your PC - these cards are power hungry and require at least 500+ W - I would go with 750W + deepening on what other components you have installed.

Also if its a software issue - did you completely uninstalled the previous drivers before installing the new card? Google DDU uninstaller and let us know how you get on.

What happens when you remove the graphics card and revert back to the default setting?

At least do some basic troubleshooting before crying for help!
Any beeps?
What Windows OS?
Power supply wattage?
Motherboard?
Sorry for being superficial, here's the setup:
Asrock Pro4 Z270
Intel i5-7600k
Corsair RGB DDR4 3200mhz
XFX 750W 80+ Gold
HDD Toshiba P300 1TB
SSD Crucial MX300 275GB

Read your post again, it seem the computer is running and the issue is with the display when you start your PC?

Are you connected to the monitor via HDMI or Displayport or DVI? Have you tried plugging it in a different port at the back of the card to see what happens?

I'm connected via DP, but I haven't tried changing port. This morning I've started the pc and the issue didn't come up. At this point idk what to think.

cool - do try a different port or try connecting via HDMI to see if the situation improves. thanks

Haven't tried yet, but a strange notification by AMD software pops up everytime I have the problem: "Default Radeon WattMan settings have been restored due to an unexpected system failure". I don't think it's a display problem anymore.

I've had some amd driver problems.
it looks very much like an incompatible driver.
most of the times I have solved the problem by changing several drivers until it gets sluggish.
try with another old driver for which I have opinions that is stable.

I've had some amd driver problems.
it looks very much like an incompatible driver.
most of the times I have solved the problem by changing several drivers until it gets sluggish.
try with another old driver for which I have opinions that is stable.
have you tried booting in safemode? is it able to do that?

Do you have the old graphic card to test, does the mother includes on borad video so you can try to without the saphire?

The same thing happened to me with my hp envy17 laptop.
I simply did not start Windows and could not enter the BIOS.

In the service of HP they told me that it was pure a dacho in the BIOS itself and they could restore it to me, but they did not know how to tell me why it was this damage.

Could someone explain to me any possible cause of this damage? so you don't repeat it again

Did you check this?
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Back