BK Database

afcwomble

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all, 1st post so here goes. Been reading tuts and having a good look around the site doing plenty of reading over the past week and messing about with funcard for a starter. Got to say only stumbled across this ste after my pace 1000ph1b packed in after Teleport came in but what a great learning zone. Some of the jargon is still a bit beyond me but the tuts are pretty step by step so thanks to all involved in these for making life a bit easier in reading. AnywayI have got myself a new box and done the bit necessary and would appreciate if someone could look up on the database to see if BK is on there or if not the best way to get this. I'll start with a funcard and have ordered myself a tit2 to have a go if all works OK.

Thanks n advance and who knows maybe someday I can help someone???

Hello mate, PM your IRD number over to me and i'll have a look for ya:Cheers:

why did your 1000 p1b stop working because of teleport????

From reading other posts seems I have an NTsmell box which had the no update mod done and inside it has the 2 chip simm. Tried the 4 chip simm from my sub box but and tried to force but it would't have it? Would I be right in thinking I now have myself a new doorstop?

If the box was a 1000-phase-1b then it is meant to have the 2 chip simm in it. If you undo the no-update mod then the box SHOULD update to the latest software.

Ahh, did'nt know that. Mind you trying to do soldering that small seems almost impossible to me-mind you got nothing to lose i suppose. Why do they have this done anyway? Thats one question i was unclear on whilst searching cos some seem to recommend going to CR1 and others don't? I was a bit confused on that one so if you can enlighten me i'd appreciate.

Cr1 downgrades were used to get pay-per-view using a funcard a long time ago.
Cr1 or Cr2 could be used on NTL (excw) boxes to get them to work on telewest. Now teleport is out this is no longer the case.

The 1000phase-1b seems to be the exception to the rule in as much as it will take the new telewest software (cr4) and work on telewest without a problem. (unless its locked to the old software as yours must be)

You would need to know how exactly the no-update mod had been done (there were a few variations of the mod for that box) but i think it involved lifting a leg on one of the atmel chips (or cutting the track to it) and a few wires under the board. Im not sure which mod your box has had or how easy these mods are to undo.

edcase

Thanks for looking Sonny, I will invest in a jtag and give that a go.:Cheers:

Cheers edcase I see what you mean now as i did get ppv. The mod was the 2 wire one on the underside so I will try and see if i can reverse it. Will let you know how i get on if sucessful, if not the binmen will be taking it to the knackers yard!:Cheers: I'll try it tomorrow.

afcwomble said:
.......and inside it has the 2 chip simm. Tried the 4 chip simm from my sub box........
So youve opened up your subbed box to remove the simms to try out on another box????
1st rule of modding DO NOT TOUCH A SUBBED BOX you will should be ok in what youve done but dont try anything else out on a subbed box just leave it in the corner and keep on reading ;)
Marc

afcwomble said:
Cheers edcase I see what you mean now as i did get ppv. The mod was the 2 wire one on the underside so I will try and see if i can reverse it. Will let you know how i get on if sucessful, if not the binmen will be taking it to the knackers yard!:Cheers: I'll try it tomorrow.

Im pretty sure that this mod also involved lifting a pin on the atmel, or cutting a track that runs to it (its the atmel nearest the battery pin 11 I think)

And anyway, you should never bin a box (you never know when the bits will come in handy)

edcase

Thanks for the advice lads-i'll bear that in mind. Just thought removing simm + putting in other box might do trick but yes point taken about fiddling with subbed box:Cheers: Going to get myself a fine pointed soldering iron and have a go at undoing anti update anyway. Now wheres that magnifying glass I got out of last years christmas cracker??:xmas:

Back