Bittorrent Client?

rutters

DW Member ++
Reaction score
Could anyone recommend a good Bittorrent client?

I normally use Utorrent but found I couldn't seed the torrents. I am now using Azureus but find it too fussy.

Anyone?

cheers

i dont like azureus and its java takes up too much resourses utorrent is good 1

UTorrent for me too. Tried a few but Utorrent works great for me.
HH.

Thanks for replies guys..I did like Utorrent but I found that even if I seeded a torrent for days my Share Ratio wasn't changing and I was getting 'Limited Membershp' on some sites..Maybe I just need to change some setting???

cheers

Thanks for replies guys..I did like Utorrent but I found that even if I seeded a torrent for days my Share Ratio wasn't changing and I was getting 'Limited Membershp' on some sites..Maybe I just need to change some setting???

cheers

i had that share ratio problem bitcomet but not with utorrent
if there is some settings i dunno i thought it update itself

Another vote for uTorrent, sorry I know that doesn't help you.

You said it worked for you in the past. Has any part of your PC setup changed since then? Could it be your ISP throttling ports or something? Have you tried torrents from other trackers?

I've been using azureus for a while now and its always been ok but latley it just seams so busy with the Vuse panel and everything. Can anybody recomend the best basic program theat will just run in the background?

uTorrent is the best in my opinion, you might have some problems with your firewall if you have seeding problems, or you could try using PeerGuradian, its a program used to block certain fake seeders like organisations trying to monitor your downloads, this program is said to help uploading, i use it mainly to block fake seeders, but have noticed an increase in upload speed, uncertain about that though.

utorrent is my fav if i'm using windows. Seems to work great for me, did have some problems setting up my firewall before it would seed though.

Dan

I use uTorrent - Make sure your router is set up correctly & your firewall isn't palying up - Also if you're with VM then they are capping traffic if you download large amounts of data between 4-9pm - Limits are on their website.

I've been using azureus for a while now and its always been ok but latley it just seams so busy with the Vuse panel and everything. Can anybody recomend the best basic program theat will just run in the background?

Utorrent pal it doesnt seem to take a lot off resourses

Azureus has become such a memory hog with all the VUZE stuff. Unfortunately I think that uTorrent is the lightest and best. Are you sure you have set the port correctly and everything.

BITLORD 1.1 by far the best i hav tried them all and this one for me ROCKS

azuerus ruled befor the vuse crap but newsgroups kick any torrents arse unless something isnt available of course. i havent tried it but our kid swares by bit lord

Back