bit torrent so so slow

dibbers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi folks,

At the moment im running bit torrent and im currently connected to 387 peers and 19 seeds, total speed 7523m yet i haven't reached max download ? i'm only grabbing it at 40k or less ?

i opened my ports in network connections, 49500 - 49900 ?

Whats happening ?

Theres not enough seeds for the ammount of peers so your getting a slow rate. Once more people have the whole file it should pick up

i gave up on torrents, tooooooo slllllllllllllllllllllllloooooooooooooooooooowwwww, i use newsgroups now, wow, are they fast.

newgroups are easy peeps.........but the torrents are always handy for some good grabs, i bet you didn't have your ports opended up ? if not then you can't connect to all the seeds/peers, thus making the torrent slow ? BUT, then again mines playing up and being a pain in the ass so i get yi.....

NEWSGROUPS: easy.......go and get "grabit" it's free and then you can get on the newsgroups......for instance televest has there own newsgroup it's free and you can get access to it and download.......there's also " easynews" you have to pay for it like 4 quid a month, but they have all the latest stuff out there.......now i'm sure there will be loads and loads so it's up to you to find them, but you'd be suprised what you find on your door step...

One thing that hasn't been mentioned is the RAR'S and PARS and that, a proggy is split into say.......40 chuncks and you some times have to repair the chunks with pars, i can get techno on yi but not yet......so it's ok for the odd mp3, or the odd video, but if it's games/large programs then your gonna have to learn the par and the rar way of the fist ! lololol

Easy really

Good luck !

I recommend people to join one of the proper torrent sites. The ones that i use no matter what torrent I go on I'll max out my connection. When I had my ntl 3mb line i was downloading at 350kb and althought i'm now on 2mb adsl I can still get 250kb every time.

HomerJ said:
I recommend people to join one of the proper torrent sites. The ones that i use no matter what torrent I go on I'll max out my connection. When I had my ntl 3mb line i was downloading at 350kb and althought i'm now on 2mb adsl I can still get 250kb every time.

which "proper" torrent site do you use?

Back