Bird stuck behind Gas fireplace

fus10n

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
A bird fallen down the chimney and is right behind the gas fireplace. SSPCA no help? The fireplace is a cannon 28261G. Its held in the fireplace via 3 screw from what i can see but need to know how it connects so i know if i can move safely?

thanks

its ok. Got a friend of friend to help and managed to get a pigeon out the back!

its ok. Got a friend of friend to help and managed to get a pigeon out the back!

Good that it is out but I think a few people might have refrained from answering as it might have involved doing something with the flue. Not sure on Scottish laws but in England you aren't supposed to do anything with the flue unless you have whatever-it-is-now certificate :).

This is an old gas fire! There was amazingly loads of space at the back! Never really had to remove the whole fireplace only move the top forward enough to grab the pigeon!

you need to put something on chimney to stop it happing again if one get in and dies it will stink

Put a cowl on the chimney to stop any unwanted birds from nesting,Pigeon pie is very tasty with mash and peas

Back