Bigger TV upgrade advice request/plea

i-zombie

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
hi,
currently have a Samsung 55js8500 and it's been a great TV,but recently developed back light bleed on the sides and I want something bigger,but with the plethora of current options I'm a little lost and don't want to end up downgrading quality of what I have for size..looking for 65 at least but can accommodate bigger .

initially liked the idea of 70 inch lg at 1350 from Currys (70uk6950pla) but reading about its naff for hdr and only 50hz and the majority or my use will be one X and PS4 pro.
Samsung have that many model varients I just haven't got a clue
so I'm kinda set on a Philips ambilight 65pus7303 ,loved ambilight last time I had it and this has the p5 processing and seems ok.
so could anybody here point me towards something equivalent quality of what I have but bigger? please ...

My panny led did the same I have gone for 55 LG oled. The blacks and and viewing angles are great but they ain’t cheap.

Oled do look fantastic,but a bad idea for gaming,which will be the bulk of.my usage,not a member of Costco,but think the Mrs is entitled to join ,does anybody have any suggestions of a good TV though ?

Bought the LG OLED55B7V 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD a few months back and do a fair bit of gaming on it and had no problems , who told you that they are a bad idea for gaming?

Bought the LG OLED55B7V 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD a few months back and do a fair bit of gaming on it and had no problems , who told you that they are a bad idea for gaming?
image burn mate,it seems very prevelent in oled and the sammy qled--to the point the more expensive ones have a image burn warrenty

yeah they said that about a panny plasma i had and i never got any image burn on that and had it a good 8 years with a lot of gaming on it.

Back