Big Thank you...

camelgrinder

Inactive User
Just wanted to say thanks to everyone on this forum. Through your help my Dbox2 arrived today and 1 hour later i have the latest gavs sprotster on it and scanned and found over 300 channels. Works perfectly.

Cheers everyone...:Cheers:

S

Speedy2206

Classic example for anyone that is struggling.... if you read up on the subject and gather your information BEFORE touching the box then you wont have any problems :)

Well done m8.

steve69

Inactive User
i have read up alot b4 i got my box and im still having problems and no one wants to help for some reason.
i.e download manager i cant get to open.

Devilfish

DW Regular
I don't remember you posting before this one...and your post count is at 1.

Start a new post and maybe someone will help you!

steve69

Inactive User
wow that was a quick reply ty.
yeh i know it is my 1st post on here but i have pm'd a couple of people on here asking very nicly if they would help me as i am very stuck with this box but i have had no replys.
i know that looks bad as i havnt posted on here before.

gav12345

VIP Member
VIP Member
wow that was a quick reply ty.
yeh i know it is my 1st post on here but i have pm'd a couple of people on here asking very nicly if they would help me as i am very stuck with this box but i have had no replys.
i know that looks bad as i havnt posted on here before.quote

pm is a no no you should post as if you pm asking for help and no-one knows or have never even heard of you they will not respond well i wont when you have no post yourself i would think your a leecher i am not saying you are a leecher but the fact is make your posts and get to know people a little as thats what we do here m8

and welcome to the forum m8

the tuts are the most important and this one should be tops m8

here http://www.world-of-digital.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62988

but its not nice saying no-one wants to help when this is your first post and there is so many people here at hand to help others

cheers

steve69

Inactive User
i am really having alot of trouble with this as i have read the dummies guide and got as far as the download manager but i must b worse than a dummie cos thats as far as i got lol.

steve69

Inactive User
ok i must admit i am sorry for my 1st post and i do appoliguse for it but i am getting really frustrated and i know thats no excuse for my little outburst.
i have read a hell of alot of tuts and i must admit i am not that much of a techie but i am trying my best and just got frustrated.
like i said b4 i do appoligise.
and ty for the link.
and ty for the welcome gav.

steve69

Inactive User
ok sorry about the keeping on a bit but with the dbox for dummies i have read arround 6 or 7 times but i can only get as far as the download manager as i can download it but not open it,i think its something to do with my comp with the activex but as i know nothing about that either i am at a loss of how to open it.
it reads when i try to open it that the ocx file might not have been registered or that a file is missing,well i dont think theres a file missing at all as there has been a thread on another forum that was having the same sort of trouble as i am but unfortunatly there wasnt a cure for this but did go on to say that it was something to do with the active x.

steve69

Inactive User
cheers gav,
its a nokia x2 sat box.
i dont think also that i am getting a connection from the pc to the box either. i have put the ip addy in and got the ip addy of the box too but thats about as far as i got to.

gav12345

VIP Member
VIP Member
what do you mean download manager are u talking about ifa?

and what box do u have and how many chips m8

steve69

Inactive User
its a nokia box with 2 chips. i have a cd with sportser on it and all that if that is any help when i can finnally get it connected to the pc but i can only do that wit hthe cross over cable.

gav12345

VIP Member
VIP Member
what you will need to get going m8

A cat5 CROSS OVER network cable for connecting between the dbox and the pc.
A normal cat5 straight network cable if you already have a LAN (i.e. router or
hub.)
A NULL MODEM cable for connecting between the dbox & the pc. (3-wire null
modem cable will do. 2rx to 3tx, 3tx to 2rx & 5gnd to 5gnd.)

gav12345

VIP Member
VIP Member
Set your network card to 10 / half duplex (this is the recommended setting & the
one I used, but some people have reported that you can use 10 Full duplex or even
auto, the choice is yours.)
Set your windows COM port to: Bits per second = 57600
Data bits = 8
Parity = none
Stop bits = 1
Flow control = none

gav12345

VIP Member
VIP Member
steve cant reply as you have too many messages and it wont let me save

but the best thing is to start a post stating the you have a sky dbox and need channels or something like it as i cant help with the sky versions m8 sorry about that

cheers

TEST