Big Problem, Help

nizzex

DW Member ++
Reaction score
I tryied doing the AU Funcard , but never worked so i thought ill do it tomorrow, i then tried using the normal rst hex and using that until it runs out, but when i put the card in my box and put it on, these numbers start counting up on the box display and after that is says error.

how do i sort the problem....:(

what box is it mate if you are getting scrolling numbers mate leave its just an update leave it until it reboots?

JIMMYQ said:
what box is it mate if you are getting scrolling numbers mate leave its just an update leave it until it reboots?

Its a PACE box, i wait for the numbers to stop rolling and then it says 'DLPT' then 'ERRS' and it repeats thats, thats all it says. I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO, HELP!

what model is it mate has it been working before? and what software is on?

JIMMYQ said:
what model is it mate has it been working before? and what software is on?
Im not sure.. Please help.

ok can you get into the eng menu mate also on the bottom of the box there should be a sticker with the model number on it ? ditv 1000 etc?

74LS138 said:
ERRS isn't an error...don't panic. Seems it's updating so just leave it be for a while.
I hope so, ill try that in a sec

my box is a 4001n and this is normal for an update when my box did it last it took 10 min but if you interupt it it will start all over again so just leave it mate

lol i thought you did all that mate therefore i said leave it until it reboots

Mine does this everytime I turn the power off. Strange really. It doesn't lose the net id etc...so it's not the battery. But When I got the loader screen it came up with all sorts of checksum errors and failures to update things.

I don't care though...cos it works fine after a few minutes...

JIMMYQ said:
lol i thought you did all that mate therefore i said leave it until it reboots
Nah, maybe i panic'd when i saw the crazy numbers going up and that message, i put the box off straight away, ill re-do the au funcard tomorrow and leave the box on til update finishes, lets hope it goes well.

my experience of this is follows:

my box started counting numbers from 0 to 5000 odds then it would start again. This repeated quite a few times then everything seemed normal until it done it again. My box would always stick on tune whenever I left this off for a period of time.

I took my box to a mates and the update occurred again, this time the box went from 0 to 5000 once then these letters started flashing pat etc. The box has been fine since and doesn't get stuck in tune anymore !

My conclusion is that my signal level was poor / too strong and the update was being corrupted whenever it tried to donwload it. Im no expert but just an educated guess. If this happens to yourself and the update rolls time and time again, either mess about with your wires /splitters or take it to someones house with a strong signal.

nizzex said:
Nah, maybe i panic'd when i saw the crazy numbers going up and that message, i put the box off straight away, ill re-do the au funcard tomorrow and leave the box on til update finishes, lets hope it goes well.

leave it until it reboots itself mate this procedure can take upto 10 mins at times

nizzex said:
Its a PACE box, i wait for the numbers to stop rolling and then it says 'DLPT' then 'ERRS' and it repeats thats, thats all it says. I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO, HELP!

Does that about 19 time (Yes 19 times) LoL
It's erasing and writing.

Back