Bidding begins on 'entire life'

allroad

Inactive User
Reaction score
o.gif

An ex-pat who decided to make a clean break after splitting with his wife has so far attracted 70 bids for his "entire life".
Ian Usher, from Darlington, who emigrated to Australia six years ago, is selling his house, friends and job on internet auction site eBay.
The 44-year-old said he hoped to earn about £185,000 for his Perth lifestyle.
About five hours after bidding opened on Sunday, the highest offer was just over £314,000.
Up for auction is his three-bedroom home in the western Australian city and everything inside it, including his car, motorcycle, jet ski and parachuting gear.

He is also selling an introduction to his friends and a trial run at his job.
Mr Usher said: "Everything that I have - the furniture in the house - all has memories attached to it. It's time to shed the old, and in with the new.
"On the day it's all sold and settled, I intend to walk out of my front door with my wallet in one pocket and my passport in the other, nothing else at all.
"My current thoughts are to then head to the airport and ask at the flight desk where the next flight with an available seat goes to, and to get on that and see where life takes me from there."

'Complete lifestyle'
Joy Jones, who co-owns the rug store in Perth where Mr Usher worked as a shop assistant, said she supported the auction idea.
Her company is offering the successful bidder a two-week trial, which could be extended for three months and then become permanent.

She said: "When Ian came up with this idea, because we had seen him go through a break-up of marriage and pain and bits and pieces, I thought it was really exciting.

"We thought, why not give it a go?"
Mr Usher said his friends in Perth were willing to be introduced to the highest bidder, allowing him to advertise his auction as offering a complete lifestyle.
Bidding closes at 0500 BST on 29 June.

"On the day it's all sold and settled, I intend to walk out of my front door with my wallet in one pocket and my passport in the other, nothing else at all.
"My current thoughts are to then head to the airport and ask at the flight desk where the next flight with an available seat goes to, and to get on that and see where life takes me from there."

good luck to the guy, he should start a blog

its over AUS $2million fs wish someone would pay that for my life

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

o.gif

Mr Usher said his friends in Perth were willing to be introduced to the highest bidder, allowing him to advertise his auction as offering a complete lifestyle.

Mr Ushers friends yesterday:

2609_bikini_lg.jpg

Back