bet u cant fix this !!!!!!!!!!!

brainwave

Inactive User
Reaction score
To all you top guvnors out there

i got a pace ditv 2000 box working on a auto update funcard. everything thing was fine and working until this morning when i couldnt change channels so i turned box off at wall and then on again.

now all i get is a black screen sayin vig*n media powering up .... just a moment ive left it for 1 hour still the same

ive tryed turning of and on again loads of times whats wrong aaaaaarrrrrrrgggggg!!!!!!!

try booting with no card in it,

does it boot then ?

if it does your card is prob blacklisted an needs rewriting...

thats what happened to me anyway

when mine sticks on loading screen its usually the feed i jiggle it about at back at it usually come on again

tryed wiggling cable signal ok in eng menu. checked net id it shows 09999
ex c/w area

Av got the same prob the box has reset its net id. try doing fun card net id and set the default freq in eng menu and see how u go mine goes fine for 5 mins then goes into tune 4 10 mins then comes on for 5 mins then does the same ... try setting default freq then use a fun card to set net id and see how u go

do you have a funcard or you can set net id with a program called libdebug known as libby

lol this was a really great thread title.

okay, as you can see your net id is 09999, which i doubt is the netid for your area.

You need to get the correct net id for your area.

then you need to use a serial cable to connect your PC to the box and use a program called libdebug (or liby) to set the net id. Note, this method will reset your pin so you will have to enter the engineers menu and put in a new pin.

alternatively, you can use the fun cart net id method. that is just writing a couple of files to your fun card that contain your box key and ird and the net if you want to set along with the pin (or not, if you want to set it manually). plug it into your box, and it should restart and set itself.

look in the downloads section and use search for the files you require.

ok im using a funcard so will look in downloads n try i that way .

this looks spot on as i checked the net id on my other box and it is different to the 09999 that im getting on the one that dont work

Just a quickie, Why the title BET U CAN'T FIX THIS ??? Us lot can fix most anything when we all pull together , but your problem is so obvious to anyone who knows a little about cable boxes i would of thought you would of done the obvious checks (searches) before posting with a title like that..:proud:

ok im using a funcard so will look in downloads n try i that way .

this looks spot on as i checked the net id on my other box and it is different to the 09999 that im getting on the one that dont work

Hi

Now you are on the right track of netid and as has been pointed out it needs resetting once reset via the funcard method or ibby, box should be up and running with the freeview channels then you will need to make AU funcard for your box and its job done. If it reverts back to 09999 then maybe your battery needs replacing.

Make sure you got your box details saved.

Regards

As Matchstick says it could be that your battery needs replacing. Check with a voltmeter what reading it gives-should be around 3v. If it's alot lower it will keep resetting NetID when box turned off at mains.

Maplins do the replacement batteries if you need one!!!

Back