Best

ryza00

Inactive User
Reaction score
Whats the best a Dbox or a mod box with atmega card??????

Agree with Dingodog... the dbox/dreambox is definately the best choice to go for. They dont use cards, and are very easy to set up. No playing around with BKs and IRDs, no buying expensive equipment, etc.

Eurovox/FTA101 boxes have proved slightly unreliable after the recent changes by CC's, which affected the boxes autoupdate capability. This is still not fixed for most boxes.

Pace/Samsung original modded boxes can be costly to do (unless you are modding more than one box), and nearly all known card types have been hit recently.

Liam

JIMMYQ said:
DBOX mate you cant go wrong

Hi there is a dbox the same as a dream multimedia box as i was going to invest in 1 as i have cable and a motorised sat system also maybe i could get more channels than my technomate 1500 ci+. I have heard that the sat side of them is a bit hard to set up but i will try anything once lol :Cheers:

ramraider said:
Hi there is a dbox the same as a dream multimedia box as i was going to invest in 1 as i have cable and a motorised sat system also maybe i could get more channels than my technomate 1500 ci+. I have heard that the sat side of them is a bit hard to set up but i will try anything once lol :Cheers:

no mate its a piece of p*ss works great on sat becareful if you need it for sat make sure its a sat one and a cable one for cable the only difference is the tuner but its a mother to change

Well, gonna stick the cat amongst the pidgeons here and disagree with all the previous posts !

The best box for the job is the pace box (or sammy) simply because that is what it was designed for and it has the correct software for the job (assuming it hasn't been bastardised with no update mods and is the correct box for your provider).

The Dbox (or indeed any of its newer clones) are ok but they simply were not designed for UK cable. They have multiple quirks and could be taken out at any time if the cable companies get so inclined. There is an awful lot of things that are still not known regarding the Nagra card (especially relating to the MAP co-processor) so any box that uses an emulator will always be vulnerable.

Obviously, as part of the above, the only card you should really consider is a Mosc card. Fun and ATMega's are a folly (and basically a waste of your cash) and even cards like the titanium 1/II/OPOS are only emulators so will always be vulnerable.

As for price, you can pick up a pace box for as little as £40 - £50 complete with paired card if you are prepared to look around. Even allowing for the fact you may have to buy an unlooper this is still usually far cheaper than the Dbox option.

Last edited:
nozzer said:
The best box for the job is the pace box (or sammy) simply because that is what it was designed for and it has the correct software for the job (assuming it hasn't been bastardised with no update mods and is the correct box for your provider).

The Dbox (or indeed any of its newer clones) are ok but they simply were not designed for UK cable. They have multiple quirks and could be taken out at any time if the cable companies get so inclined. There is an awful lot of things that are still not known regarding the Nagra card (especially relating to the MAP co-processor) so any box that uses an emulator will always be vulnerable.

I've been saying something similar to people for a while - The closer the box is to one that was intended to work on our system the better.

Back