Best WIFI doorbell

melttc

DW Regular
Reaction score
Hello Guys

been looking at the WIFI doorbells and was wondering if anyone can recommend any decent ones , was looking for a PIR one that will pick up anyone who comes to the door and send me an alert so I can view this on my phone while I am not home.
any info appreciated.

thanks

I have a ring video door bell . Dont like it much as the latency in connection remotely is a big problem. It does have some plus points though ie live view motion detection and recordings stored on cloud.

I guess they all will suffer lag to be honest as they work off 2.4ghz but good to see who was at the door...………….

thanks.

I think these are tidy (bit pricey though)
Video Doorbell 2

I bought a Ring doorbell (V1) from Argos last month and on the receipt was a £5 discount voucher, I used the voucher to purchase the Ring Chime.
I opted for the 720p version as it was a hella lot cheaper than the 1080p and has the same functions.

My free month subscription has just ended, which meant that although I was still able to view a live feed, I could no longer view saved videos (live view works 50% of the time whether on free or paid subscription). I decided to go for the annual subscription (pay it in $'s, it's cheaper).

Installation & set up was pretty simple, however the device only works on WiFi channels 1-11, so if you're on channel 13 (like me), you'll have to amend your router to suit.

The doorbell itself is a decent bit of kit, however you'll soon get tired of watching videos of family members putting rubbish in the bin, hanging up the laundry and generally going about their business.

Although I have 2 x doorbells installed, I watched in amusement as a cold caller ignored both of these, knocked the door, was distracted by a squirrel and left 7 seconds later.

At least now I can tell the Gypo's who want to steam clean my drive to FO from the comfort of my La-Z-boy :)

Just to add on the ring video door bell. If its stolen Ring will replace it as long as you have proof of purchase and a police incident number. :)

I've been using the Ring Doorbell and currently have version 2. Before that, i had the original which was called the doorbot. This had issues with connectivity, but the new ones do seem much better ! The Gen 1 Ring's are going cheap at the moment, Argos had a special on, at under £90 if i recall.... making space for the new model.

Back